Skating With Zayn

You and Zayn were finally back together again after Zayn had come home from a short break off tour. When you both woke up, it seemed like your world has been transformed into a winter wonderland outdoors.

"Hey, look outside..." Zayn said with a grin as he leaded you to a window. As you peered out, you stared in amazement as you scanned the snow topped tree branches and the glittering snow blanket on the ground.

"It's so beautiful," you admitted, staying close to the chilly window to take in the scenery.

"Hey, do you wanna go ice skating on the lake?" Zayn suggested a few moments later as he wrapped his arms around you and rested his chin on top of your head.

"Mhm, that would be fun," you agreed with a smile on your face, nuzzling back into his warm sweater.

You and Zayn only had a couple days together and you wanted to make the most out of it.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"Hahaha!! Omygosh, that was so funny!" you laughed hysterically after watching Zayn fall backwards onto his butt after trying to skate backwards to impress you.

"Hey! Not funny!" Zayn pouted on the ground, pretending to be angry. "Help me up!"

But after some more slipping and tumbling, you both looked at each other in the face and started cracking up all over again.

*~*~*~*

You stared up into the bright blue sky, dotted with clouds as you lied on your back against the ice.

"We should do this more often," you heard Zayn murmer to your right.

Saying nothing, you took a deep breath and watched your breath cloud disappear into the crisp air above you. Closing your eyes, your mind raced through all the exciting events you and Zayn had just had these past few hours.

Zayn falling over, playing a game of tag, having a snow fight, building a small snowman together, and making snow angels on the ice. Life was perfect right then and there and you didn't want it to end.

"Babe? You ok?" You heard Zayn ask and opened your eyes to see his worried face.

"Yeah... I'm fine," you fake-smiled, hiding the fact that it wouldn't be until a long time before you and Zayn will do something like this again because of tour and his singing career. 

It wasn't that you hated the whole dream of singing and performing the lads had accomplished, you were, in fact, quite proud of them all, especially Zayn. But it ended up delaying your relationship together very often and you never were able to hang out much together because of all the traveling busy schedules.

"Talk to me," Zayn uttered in a comforting voice, the one he always used when he knew you were troubled. He could read you like an open book.

You took a deep breath again, but this time it was because you were trying to hide the sound of the shaky voice you have before you start to cry.

"Zayn..." you spoke, "I don't think that this... Us, will work out," you expressed in a voice barely audible. You could hardly believe that you actually said it.

"What? What are you talking about?" Zayn sat up and helped you up as well so he could put his hands on your shoulders as he always did whenever you both were having a serious talk.

"We..." you tried to explain as tears came into your eyes. "We hardly get to see each other... We almost always miss each other's calls and-" you stopped suddenly, letting a sob escape your mouth and you turned away.

"Hey... Look at me," Zayn replied to fill in the break, trying to get you to look at him. "I know... I know that things aren't going very well right now, but we have to try our hardest. Remember the promise ring I gave you?"

You nodded as you glanced down and saw it on your finger, your other hand absentmindedly spinning it around and around.

"We both made promises to each other that no matter what would happen, we would stay together and work it out. Not being able to see you every day is hard for me just as hard as it is for you. I... I miss you so much every day and I dream every night of seeing you again. And it hurts... Not being able to be with you, and I'm sure it's the same for you... But listen, this is part of our journey together, and we need to make this work out no matter what because I love you, and would never want to let you go."

You looked up slowly and noticed that Zayn's eyes were red and glossy and was swallowing to try to stop any escaping sobs.

"These moments mean more than anything to me right now," he whispered with a cracked voice. "Please, we both have got to do this. Together."

You smiled as tears rolled down your cheeks as you both leaned in and soon felt his lips on yours. Breaking away, he opened his arms and you happily fell into his chest where he held you tightly, not ever letting go.