Zayn's Aplogy (Part 2)

The loud humming of the plane engines is the only noise you hear as you watch the ground become closer and closer for the landing of the jet you're on. Finally, the seatbelt "un-lock" button flashes and you unfasten the belt quickly and stand up to stretch your legs. Your heart seems to beat faster as each minute goes by. Today, you'll be seeing Zayn for the first time in person again in almost three months. It's been a few days since he called you and apologized for what he had done. Instead of calling Zayn, however, you called Liam and had him help you schedule a flight to meet them at the airport.

Biting the insides of your lips, you grab your bag and walk nervously through the plane tunnel and out into the lobby. You cautiously look around to get your barings and when you see the checkout line, you hurry over to pass through the gates. Now nearing the main entrance where the boys said that they would meet you, you quicken your pace until you almost seem to be running.

"Please, no running, miss," a security guard tells you as you pass by him. Sending him an apologetic smile, you try to slow your pace down and walk slower. But you are just so excited and nervous to see Zayn again, you can't help but start to quicken your pace. Swallowing nervously as you near the main entrance hall lined with massive windows stretching from ceiling to the floor, you look around to see if you can spot the boys through the croissant of people scattering about.

"Hey! Over here!" You hear someone shout behind you and you turn to see Niall and Louis yelling and waving their arms to get your attention. Out of gratefulness and satisfaction, you sigh happily with excitement and let go of your bag as you start to run once you see him turn around. Zayn brakes away from the rest of the group once he sees you as well and it seems like forever until you finally fly into each others arms.

You bury your head into Zayn's chest as the tears fall down your cheeks and he wraps his arms around you tighter than ever before the way he always has done. You feel him kissing and stroking your hair and hugging you as he rests his chin on top of your head as your bodies rock back and forth.

"I'm here, love, I'm here," Zayn mumbles above you and you can hear his voice cracking through his sobs like he did while apologizing on the phone. Not able to speak, you clutch Zayn's shirt tighter and tighter to bring him closer to you. Oh, you have missed him so much you just can't get close enough.

After several minutes of crying and standing in each others arms, you and Zayn brake away only to see that both of your faces are beet red from crying. Zayn starts to crack into a smile and you return it.

"I am so, so sorry," Zayn apologizes again and turns serious.

"Oh, Zayn..." You say through short sobs, "It's okay..."

"I will never, ever leave you again," he promises looking at you straight in the eye.

Smiling again, you and Zayn lean in to kiss and you wrap your arms around his neck as he wraps his around your waist. Oh how you've missed his kiss. Fireworks explode inside you for the first time in months as your body warms up with tingles. It just felt so right.

"I want to ask you a question," Zayn states after breaking away.

Looking up into his eyes that are inches from yours, you realize how much you've missed them too.

"I was a jerk, and I caused you much pain..." He whispers so only you can hear him. "But I want to fix what I've done and start over again with you, if you like. Now this is totally up to your choice, but... will you be my girlfriend again?"

His face is so innocent and sorrowful looking and you realize that he is in pain still after what he had done.

"Yes, I will," you reply and hug him tightly. "I want to be with you forever."

You feel Zayn's chest shake slightly and hear him chuckle softly with happiness. "I love you more than ever now," he whispers, kissing your forehead.

Smiling, you look up into his chocolate orbs and repeat what he said with full confidence knowing that you will both work it out this time, no matter what.