Under the Starry Sky

"Watch it! It looks like it's starting to burn!" you told Zayn as you pointed to his marshmallow that was roasting a little too close to the flames.

"Oh! Thanks," chuckled Zayn, pulling it away. After you and Zayn ate your gooey s'mores, you laid down next to each other under the starry sky.

"Remember the first time we met?" asked Zayn touching your hand. You got tingles whenever he held your hand. Something about it always made your body surge with excitement. 

"Oh yes! How could I forget?" you replied, looking at Zayn. You smiled when you saw he was already looking at you.

"I never thought it would end up this way..." He said, his eyes drifting back up to the swirling constellations above.

"Like what?" you asked.

"Us, together..." he grinned, dimples showing.

"Mmm, yeah... Me either," you said, starting to blush.

"You know you're cute when you blush?" chuckled Zayn when he gave you a small kiss on the cheek and pulled you closer. You started to giggle from embarrassment and turned a little redder.

"Look, there's the North Star!" you point, after a few minutes.

"It sure is," he said. "Hey, can I ask you something?"

"Yeah?" you asked looking into his sparkling, dark eyes.

"I know I probably should have said this sooner... But.... I... I love you," Zayn whispered as he bit his bottom lip nervously.

You were so taken back at Zayn's statement, you stared at him with a blank face before laughing and saying that he was just joking.

"No, I really mean it. You're the most beautiful girl in the world and I never want to lose such a great friend like you," he said, squeezing your hand. 

Stunned, you lay there, turning your head back to the night sky to contemplate on what Zayn had just expressed.

 "What's wrong?" Zayn asks with a worried tone. "Say something."

"It's just... I've never had anyone really love me or say that to me before..." you say quietly, fiddling with your hands on your stomach.

"Oh, sweetheart," Zayn whispered turning your face to him, "I want you to know that I'm not joking and I really mean it when I say that I love you. I've loved you since we were eighteen."

Your heart fluttered because you knew it was the same for you. 

"I love you too," you said, looking at his eyes again. "Thanks for being here for me."

"I always will..." he whispered and then gave you your first most perfect kiss you ever had.