Zayn Gets Lost

"You still haven't told me why I need to be so dressed up," you mention as you fasten a simple silver necklace around your neck and smooth out your plain flowy white dress.

"I believe I did. I said it was a surprise," Zayn teases you, smirking at you in the mirror reflection right beside the doorway as he pulls on his suit jacket behind you. 

"Not fair," you smirk back and stick your tongue out. "You know I'm dying to find out! It's not nice to torture your girlfriend."

"It may not be nice, but it's definitely loads of fun," Zayn smirks even more, coming up behind you and kissing you on the side of your cheek as he places his hands on your shoulders. "You look stunning," he whispers, staring into your eyes in the mirror's reflection once again. 

Blushing, you reply, "Thanks. You look quite snazzy yourself." Mentioning Zayn's nice suit. 

"All set babe?" Zayn asks you and you nod in reply. "Well then, let's go!" 

After several minutes of driving in your boyfriend's nice car, you begin to realize that Zayn is heading towards an area you are not familiar with.

"How far away is this place?" you ask, leaning against the window on your elbow, enjoying the scenery.

"Only about thirty minutes," he informs you, turning the radio up.

You sit back and relax, singing along to the radio with Zayn, and having another one of your famous Bad Singing Competitions to see which one of you can out-do the other with obnoxious performances. You both are soon laughing at each other's faces and motions, agreeing that it was a tie. Soon after, you notice Zayn glance at the clock on the dashboard and start to fret. You look too, and notice it's been almost 45 minutes since you left the house and you should have arrived at the destination that Zayn was taking you to by now. Looking back at his face, you notice Zayn's brow is creased in concentration as he focuses harder on the road and surroundings. All of a sudden, you spot a building that you swear you have passed at least once before.

"Are we lost?" you venture to ask slowly, a smirk starting to form on your lips as you look around outside.

"No, we're not lost. We're almost there," he insists, cluching the steering wheel tighter. But you can tell that he is upset that you are now lost.

You have your doubts but keep your mouth shut, not wanting to distress Zayn even more. As more time passes by and you do not seem to be getting any closer to your destination, Zayn sighs and pulls over to check the GPS on his phone.

"I don't even know where we are anymore," he mutters to himself and you stifle a laugh, which leads to a look from Zayn that shows like hurt.

You rub his shoulder comfortingly and say, "I'm sorry Zayn. Why don't we nix this tonight - we've probably already missed our reservation anyways - and just go home and order a pizza or fried chicken?"

"But this was supposed to be a really romantic night at this really nice restaurant..." Zayn murmurs rubbing his eyes, completely bummed out about how things have turned.

"We can do it another night, I promise," you smile reassuringly. "And we can have a romantic night at home instead."

Zayn sighs in resignation and turns the car around, heading back to your home. The rest of the night, you and Zayn cuddle, eating pizza and Kentucky Fried Chicken as you watch your favorite comedy shows together.