Chapter 18: Peace? No not!

A day has passed after the battle with the kelberos and the escape of the 12th elder. Everything temporarily went back to normal.

The sun shone brightly luminating the whole city of Seoul, Korea. The new day begun with a loud ring from a school bell of Ye Ran High.

On the gate of the school, a familiar auto stopped. The car opened and two familiar shoes stepped out. It was Sangin and Yeonsu.

The two looked up at the prestigious school with bewilderment. Yesterday, the school was a complete mess because of their small battle between the securities. Today, the school is completely fixed and looked so pristine as if it was newly built.

Truth to be told, the buildings are newly built and was just finished and completely furnished before dawn. That's right, before dawn! And of course no one would believe that, not unless they found out the existence of modified humans. After all, the one who built and furnished the buildings are the three security guards, Tao, Takeo and M-21.

"I can't believe this! How did they fixed the school so fast! It seems like nothing happened at all! The pavements are all fixed as well! Not even a mark of last night's battle!" Yeonsu remarked astounded.

Before Sangin could even respond to her remark, three familiar security guards approached them.

With a smile, Tao waved at them enthusiastically. The other two behind him only breathed in wryly, sweat dropping on their face.

'How can he act so friendly like nothing happened at all?' they all asked this same question on their minds.

"You guys are here. What makes you visit us?" Tao asked with a radiant beam on his face.

'he must be so happy because he received a raise from boss.'

"Ah, we only came to properly thank the chairman of this school." Yeonsu said, feeling a little awkward with Tao's friendly demeanor.

"We don't really mind about that. Come on, we'll lead the way." Tao said still beaming happily. He walked ahead without waiting for any reply. Takeo and M-21 could only do nothing but follow behind him.

Yeonsu was speechless. She looked Sangin as if asking what she should do. Sangin only nodded, beckoning for her to follow.

"I'll park the car behind first, you can go ahead and follow them." Sangin said.

Without asking any further question, Yeonsu jogged after the trio, following behind them. Sangin only went in his car and drove towards the parking space.

•••••••

Silence...

Only the clocks ticking could be heard.

Yeonsu and Sangin nervously looked at Frankenstein and Frankenstein only looked at them silently. He removed his eyeglass and set it down before him and pressed his fingers on each other.

"So, what made you visit me?" Frankenstein asked, though he already had a guess of why they would visit him.

Sangin breathed out slowly and calmed his self.

"We only want to thank you properly for helping us." Sangin said.

"Thank you very much for helping us, if it weren't for you the number of our agents would have dropped tremendously." Yeonsu sincerely uttered her appreciation.

Silence...

Frankenstein fell in his thoughts for a moment.

' the number of their agents would have dropped? Tremendously? What are they talking about?'