Chapter 15: Black Masks

Under the lonesome night, above the rooftops of the soaring buildings, a figure swiftly moved. Blood glistened under the light of the moonlight. It's Sangin Ahn.

He leapt from buildings to buildings. His trails left spots of blood. He moved in a rush. He must return very quickly to his room before they notice his absence.

Earlier, he let his self take a huge blow from Ked. He did it on purpose to move freely so he could meet the three special securities from Ye Ran High. He was able to talk to them, but they were dubious of him. It's because of their last encounter. At least they gave him a phone to communicate with him. The phone that those three use are exclusive just for them, so there'll be no trace that could lead them to be exposed.

He tightly gripped the phone on his right hand as he moved quickly towards the hospital. If they notice his absence, they will surely find out that he's secretly modified.

Just as he thought of this, a huge misfortune fell on him.

Before him stood the hospital he was confined. A blooming fire is coming out of the window of his room. Crisp sounds of devouring fire could be heard.

"So, you're modified?"

A voice spoke behind him. Sangin turned his head and his ashy eyes met two pairs of murderous ones. Ked's eyes were blazing in anger and anxious to kill Sangin. Lutai's expression is unreadable, his eyes only coldly swept a look on Sangin.

Sangin didn't reply, beads of sweat rolled down his face. It's too late and even if he was inside earlier will it be better?

"Ked, are you going to kill him? You know we're not allowed to do reckless things. The 12th elder will soon arrive, we better not anger him" Lutai said with a lazy expression. He wasn't really sympathetic towards Sangin, if anything, he also wants to make Sangin squirm in fear.

"I don't care! This guy fooled me and he will suffer for that!" Ked bellowed in anger. He popped his knuckles and in just a split second he vanished from his spot. Few afterimages of his actions could only be seen.

As if on instinct, he quickly reacted and moved away.

*Bam!*

The concrete roof cracked and was destroyed into debris. A huge hole was created. Ked smashed the ground Sangin was on before. Luckily he was able to move away in instant. If not, he might be done in a single move.

Damn, they're too strong. Our gaps is just too high. I better escape quickly!!

Sangin instantly shifted and swiftly leapt away. Unfortunately, Ked is not alone. Lutai blocked Sangin's path.

Sangin then threw some glowing shards swiftly at them. This is his skill, materialisation of shards. Sangin quickly made some glowing shards and threw it underneath him, creating a thick fog. After a short while, the fog cleared and showed the smashed roof.

"Impressive, he made a distraction and went into the building so we'll have hard time looking for him––"

Before Ked could finish his sentence, Sangin appeared behind him, gripping a shard like a dagger. He moved swiftly aiming for Ked's head. Unfortunately, he wasn't fast enough to land his attack. Ked dodged Sangin's attack without a struggle.

*Thud!*

Sangin landed on the concrete roof, he instantly moved away. Just as he moved, Ked's heavy fist slammed on his last spot. The whole building actually shook from his punch. This is how strong his fists are.

Sangin quickly leapt away from the building's rooftop and ran away. Leaping from building to building. He instantly dialed Tao's number, unfortunately before the call was answered the two instantly caught up.