Chapter 8: Nostalgia

KANG SEO JEONG

"It's been a while, Akai." I said and flashed a cold smile

She took a step back . Her face turned ashen white as soon as she realized who she is facing.

My smile widened.

"Oh my, what's wrong Akai? You look like you've seen a ghost?" I teased. "But, oh, weren't you in a good mood earlier?"

"This can't be! You can't be her! You can't be Kang Seo Jeong!" She bellowed.

"Keke~" I chuckled " why not? Do you think I died that day?" I asked coldly

"No. " She replied softly. It was like she realized something.

"Your right. I didn't die. I was used as guinea pig for their experiment. Do you even know how much it hurts?" I scoffed "and here you are, enjoying your life and surrounded by your friends. You don't even deserve them"

She remained silent. She looked at me as if asking what I meant.

My brows furrowed. What does she does she think of me? Does she think I'm stupid? It was very clear  that she was hanging around her friends earlier. How can she act like this?

"How can you forget me so easily?" I asked with full disgust.

"I never ever forgot you." She replied softly, so soft that it was barely audible. "How can I forget my old friend?"

Old friend? What a liar.

After leaving me on the hands of those demons, and happily lived her life, she'll call me a friend and then pretend that I wasn't forgotten?

"Friend? Akai, there is no such a thing known as 'friend' they're called traitors." I said bitterly. "They'll lure you with sweet words and use you as bait to the wolves. Just like how you lured me with your sweet words and used me as distraction to escape."

With those words, she was unable to respond. She pursed her lips and looked down on her shoes. Her crimson hair covered her face, I couldn't see her expression.

We remained silent. Not a single could be heard.

I smiled bitterly.

I don't think there is more to discuss. Her dropped shoulders are already telling me that she had enough.

"The next time we met, let's be enemies." I said and turned to leave.

»»»»

AKAI FUKODA

"The next time time we met, let's be enemies."

Seo Jeong's voice echoed in my mind. Every single word she said kept on replaying on my mind. Her words were like cursing me, dragging me to the depths of hell.

"Friend? Akai, there is no such a thing known as 'friend' they're called traitors."

"They'll lure you with sweet words and use you as bait to the wolves. Just like how you lured me with your sweet words and used me as distraction to escape."

I breathed in slowly and closed my eyes, attempting to shake off her words.

Is that how she feel when I ran away 9 years ago? But I never left her. I came back to help her, sadly when I came back she wasn't there anymore. I only found the other pair of her bracelet. Her bracelet comes in pair and I only found one.

Does she think I betrayed her?

I've been pondering about these since last night. I can't even focus on my classes. Ah, scratch that. I ditched my classes.