Chapter 17: Howling Swords and Sorrowful Eyes

Under the light of the moon a silhouette appeared.

Everyone turned and looked above one of the soaring buildings. A figure stood firmly. As the cold air whispers a sorrowful lullaby and passed by, her clothes and scarf fluttered along her neatly tied hair. She was crouching, one of her knees is touching the metallic railing.

As she lifted her head, the moonlight luminated her masked face. From her nose down her chin is covered with a black mask. Her neck is wrapped by a long and thick scarf. Her silky raven hair covered her unfeeling amber eyes.

She stood and leapt down, her leather boots landed with a loud thud on the concrete roof. As she stood up once again, she looked at everyone with no trace of emotion. Then her unfeeling eyes met Seo Jeong's. For a moment, a trace of sorrow dimmed the woman's eyes. Those sorrow only lasted for a split second and her stern face came back once again. Thus, no one saw that quick expression.

"Who the hell are you?" Seo Jeong asked. Her eyebrows twitched. Her face dimmed filled with displeasure. Everyone seems taken aback by her sudden hostility. They were confused why would she be aggravated.

"Doesn't matter, I am only here for my mission. Other than that, you don't have any reasons to know. You are my enemy, that's all." The woman said without even changing her expression. She only looked at Seo Jeong with a straight expression.

Seo Jeong gritted her teeth. A rough sound of her colliding teeth could be heard.

"Hn, what mission then?" Seo Jeong asked.

"To terminate the 12th elder and his companions. Shall we—end this discussion!!" The woman calmly said, but the last part came out as a loud cry.

In a blink of an eye the woman disappeared from her spot and appeared before Seo Jeong with a forceful strike of her short sword. The placid air broke out onto a loud thundering howl.

*Swwwkkk!!*

Seo Jeong was only able to block her attack a split second before it got her. As the woman forcefully lunged, Seo Jeong skidded. She's being pushed back!.

"Agent F-31, knowing who you are and how loyal you are to the UNION! I know very well that you'll protect that rotten 12th elder!! So it's better to come at you first!" The woman hissed through her gritted teeth.

Seo Jeong's eyes glowed in anger.

"You talk too much!!!" She bellowed and pushed the woman back forcefully.

Her right wrist bled profusely. Thick crimson blood dripped down and stained the ground she's standing on.

The woman was pushed only a few meters back. Her boots roughly skidded on the concrete roof. She glowered at Seo Jeong.

"Who are you really? I am really curious, and I'm itching to remove that silly mask of yours." Seo Jeong said through her gritted teeth.

The woman's eyes narrowed.

"Fine then. My organisation calls me as Agent Crimson. Now engrave that name to your mind and engrave it to your bones. That name is the one that will curse you forever." She said lowly, yet her voice sounded like a thunder. A thunder that surprised Yuri and Kaluha.

That masked woman is the Agent who visited the KSA building?

A small smile creeped on Yuri's cunning face. He pressed his eyeglass and it shone with malevolent under the light of the moon.

Interesting.

"Fine. Agent Crimson..." Seo Jeong slowly said her name as if remembering every syllables. She closed her eyes momentarily, and when she opened it, her eyes are burning in anger.