[21]A Vampire Always Gets What He Wants

Recap…

Glaring at them both I headed for the door. Placing one hand on the door handle I paused to say one last thing, “If either one of you tries to approach her, talk to her, or even glance her way I will personally make sure you stay in the ground for good.” With that said I slammed the door shut hearing it squeak as it fell right off its hinges and crack into pieces onto the floor.

Chapter 21

“We finally meet.” The voice floated around me so soft and melodious that the words caressed my skin. Looking around I saw nothing, a fog so thick I could barely see my nose blanketed everything around me.

Where was I?

“You can be anywhere you want to be.”

“Who are you? And how did you know what I was thinking?” I said spinning around in a circle trying to pin point where his voice was coming from, but it seemed to be coming from everywhere.

“I’m whoever you want me to be,” he said softly, “just close your eyes and think of a place, any place.” I was hesitant, because last I remembered I was meeting Sebastian’s uncle and his brother not standing alone in the middle of nowhere in a thicket of fog with a disembodied voice.

Reluctantly I closed my eyes letting my body relax, envisioning the sound of the soft rustle of water from the waterfall Jensen had taken me to just a week ago.

“Excellent choice my sweet.” I opened my eyes and the waterfall stood before me.

“Though I would have preferred a body of someone other than a measly pubescent boy, but it’ll have to do.” Following the sound of his voice I looked up towards the side of the waterfall where Jensen lounged casually with his arms behind his head on one of the huge rocks set up against the cascading stream of water. “Jensen?”

“Dante actually,” he said with a small smirk. It looked like Jensen but that sure wasn’t his voice. It was a deep baritone that just screamed authority.

He rose from his relaxed perch and jumped down landing in a cat-like stance.

“Come sit my sweet we much to talk about,” he said sitting down onto the lone rock encircling the pool of water, patting the empty space beside him. I eyed him wearily, “Why should I trust you?”

“The better question is why shouldn’t you trust me when I have all the answers you seek,” he answered cryptically. Looking down at my wrist my curiosity out weighted my logic.

Slowly I made my way closer to Jensen or I guess Dante at the moment. His smirk turned into a small smile as I approached him. I sat cautiously on the edge of the rock a few inches away from him still not quite sure if I trusted him or not but I wanted answers and he seemed to be the only one who had them.

“Give me your hand,” he said softly. Looking at his out stretched hand I lifted mine but then everything started to fade out.

“No!” He growled out reaching for my hand but everything went black.

[Sebastian’s POV]

Leaning back against the railing I heaved a frustrated sigh, bringing the glass back up to my mouth, gulping the rest of the ruddy liquid. I was still fucking pissed at Vlad and Julian for their stupid little stunt. Bloody idiots couldn’t keep their mouths shut if their lives depended on it.

Glancing back into my room through the glass paned French doors Kate still lay sleeping ever so peacefully in my bed. The sound of her soft breathing was like a sweet lullaby filling my ears as it had been for the past couple of hours.