[16] A Vampire Always Gets What He Wants

Recap…

"Who's Bradena?" I said hopping off the stool, and grasping Sebastian's hand, not wanting to get separated from him in this room full of blood thirsty vampires.

"She's the only one I can think of who might know how to get that mark off."

"What if she can't get it off?"

"Honestly, if she doesn't know, I don't think there's anybody else out there who would."

Chapter 16

I was starting to get really annoyed as we made our way across the dance floor. It seemed like every girl in the room knew Sebastian, and I don’t just mean as a friend.

I closed my eyes taking in a deep breath trying to fight the twinges of jealously I knew I shouldn’t be feeling towards Sebastian. I mean I don’t even know if this is for real and judging by the numerous girls winking and purring his name I wouldn’t be surprised to know I wasn’t the only one he’s felt this way about before.

Who knows maybe I’m just one of his many momentary obsessions.

Suddenly the loud music became muffled, snapping my eyes open I saw that we had just entered an elevator. Sebastian sighed, running his free hand through his hair. 

“I’m sorry about what happened out there. It’s been awhile since I’ve actually stayed in a human city let alone visit a bar.”

“There’s no need to apologize, they haven’t seen you in awhile and you have your…needs,” I said quietly looking down at my shoes.

“Everyone in that room is my past,” Sebastian said pushing my chin up with his hand, “and you’re my future. They mean nothing now that I found you,” he whispered at the end making my knees almost give out from the truthfulness in his gaze. "I...I..." I couldn't respond back without stuttering from the deliciously icy quiver that rippled through my body.

The elevator suddenly dinged, the doors starting to open slowly. Sebastian softly stroked my cheek with his thumb, before he guided me to the left down a lavishly red and black decorated hallway littered with doors on either side. "Where are we? Is this like an underground hotel or something."

"You could say that, but these are mostly used when someone wants some privacy," Sebastian said with a suggestive smirk. My thoughts went back to the girl upstairs. Yuck, I guess these people down here at least have some dignity.

We stopped at the last door on the right. It was the only one that had double doors, made of a deep mahogany filled with intricate designs carved of gold. Sebastian raised his hand to knock but the door was abruptly swung open to reveal a women’s face. Beautiful was an understatement. The woman could have been a goddess with her long ebony ringlets and flawless skin. The gold coloured one shoulder dress she wore just emphasized that idea.

“Well if it isn’t the great Sebastian Steel, what brings you here to grace me with your presence. Wait, don’t tell me,” she said closing her eyes while massaging her temples. After a few seconds her eyes opened a small smile covering her perfect lips.

“Ah, I see you’ve finally found your mate Sebastian, congratulations, but I see that the happiness might be short lived,” she said her voice smooth and soft like a stick of butter.