[23] A Vampire Always Gets What He Wants

Recap…

Closing the door I did my business; washing my hands and drying them on the towel. Looking into the mirror I ran my fingers through my hair, when a figure suddenly filled the mirror. I jumped back in fright not believing my eyes. It was a man with short spiky black hair streaked with red. He had sharp features that made him look younger with black stubble sprinkled all along his jaw, but what caught my eyes were his eyes they were the same pair of red eyes that I had seen this morning.

“Remember me my sweet,” he suddenly said. I screamed realizing it was the voice from my dream.

It was Dante.

Chapter 23

I couldn’t look away from his eyes, they were just so enthralling.

“Found another lint spider,” Sebastian said through the door, the amusement clear in his voice, I whimpered in response, my mouth staying clamped shut as I stood there paralysed by Dante’s bewitching gaze. How could this be happening he was just a made-up voice in my dream not a real person.

“Kate…what’s wrong why aren’t you saying anything…”. Suddenly the door crashed to the floor and a thunderous growl filled the bathroom shaking the walls with the intensity of it. I tried looking at him from the corner of my eye but my eyes stayed glued to Dante.

Abruptly I was jerked back my body snapping out of the trance like state as Sebastian’s blue shirt filled my vision; he clutched me to his chest his body shaking.

“Who the fuck are you!” He roared glaring at Dante.

“Dante the only son of the great Satan,” he replied with a wicked smile. 

That could only mean that Dante was a demon and he…no he couldn’t be. Wrenching my head back from Sebastian’s chest I looked at Dante avoiding his heated gaze searching his visible skin for the same mark that covered my wrist. 

“Looking for this my sweet,” Dante said pulling his shirt off revealing his washboard abs. Following the lines of his chest I saw it, the star with a red cursive D tattooed onto the center of his chest. All the breath left me in a shocked gasp. This couldn’t be happening, no it just couldn’t. Sebastian seemed to realize who Dante was too because he immediately pushed me behind him, standing in a defensive stance his fangs barred.

“Get the hell away from her, she’s mine!” Sebastian snarled. Dante laughed the sound so villainous that it made my skin crawl.

“I see you’ve forgotten that she bares my mark not yours vampire. Now step aside and we’ll be off.”

“If you lay one fucking finger on her I’ll make sure you‘ll never live to tell the tale,” Sebastian roared stepping closer to the mirror his shaking getting worse. He was going to snap at any second.

“This has nothing to do with you vampire she belongs to me and I intend to take what is mine, no questions asked.” Dante replied tauntingly enjoying the affect his words had on Sebastian.

“The hell it does! The only way you’re getting anywhere near Kate is if you get through me,” Sebastian snarled before his fist flew into the mirror shattering it along with the image of Dante. Turning my face into the wall I wrapped my arms around my head trying to shield myself from the flying glass; feeling the shards of glass prick the skin on my arms.