[3] A Vampire Always Get's What He Wants.

Recap…

I sighed. "Its ok uncle Ted, at least they’re together." I said putting on a tight smile. Ted put a reassuring hand on my shoulder, 

"It's ok Kate, they'll get him soon." I just nodded my head, hoping he was right, though only time could tell.

"Ok kids let's go!" aunt Cindy announced cheerfully. Dragging Tyler and me out of the airport entrance, while Uncle Ted followed close behind carrying our luggage.

Chapter 3

"Oh Kate, You and Tyler are just going to love living on the farm. I can teach you how to make my special spinach and turkey casserole." Aunt Cindy gushed as we traveled down the old country road. I grimaced at the thought of having to eat one of my aunt’s 'special' casseroles let alone learn how to make one, because I still haven't figured out what those brown lumps were. But I placed a fake smile on my lips, as I nodded in response.

I turned my gaze to the window surprised at how far apart each of the houses were along the narrow stretch of road. It was a big change from the suburban neighborhood we used to live in. Uncle Ted turned onto an unpaved driveway that led up to an old two story Victorian home. It was painted a pale gray, with bright white trims that surrounded the intricate woodcarvings. Uncle Ted cut the engine before getting out and grabbing our stuff from the truck. Wretched the door open, the smell of hay and cow manure filled the air. Coughing a bit at the intensity of the smell I placed my feet onto the uneven gravel, suppressing a yawn as I stretched my arms above my head. This was sure going to take some time to get used to but at least it would give me something to do. Shaking off the stiffness from the long drive I followed the others toward the front porch.

The stairs creaked in protest as I ascended them toward the open front door. Stepping over the threshold I glanced around at our new 'home'. It was a pretty big house; it had the traditional hardwood floors throughout the whole house that sparkled in the sunshine that came in through the huge windows that were scattered around the house, giving the house an overall warm and inviting appearance. Aunt Cindy stood at the top of the staircase with a huge grin on her face. 

"Come on Kate, I want to show you your room," she said excitedly. 

"I'm coming aunt Cindy." I replied, as I ascended the stairs. Tyler was already in his room happily jumping on the bed. His room was facing west overlooking the acres of bare land that surrounded the house. "Hey Ty, I see you like your room." I said with a laugh. 

"Ya, it’s awesome! Look! Outside my window there's a tree house!" He yelled excitedly, jumping off his bed and dragging me by my hand toward his window.  

I glanced out to where he pointed, and I had to admit, it was a pretty awesome tree house. "We should check it out tomorrow Ty." I said. 

"Aw, why can't we go now," he whined giving me his puppy dog eyes. 

"Sorry Ty, I'm really tired from the flight but, I promise we'll go tomorrow. Okay?" 

"Ok." He said with a yawn. 

I laughed. "I think you should take a nap too." I said ruffling up his hair before he made his way over to his bed, plopping down onto his bed and pulling the comforter over his body. 

"I'll come and wake you up when dinners ready ok." Aunt Cindy said tucking Tyler in. 

"Kay, aunt Cindy." Tyler mumbled, before another yawn came.