[10] A Vampire Always Gets What He Wants

Recap…

It seemed like every time I was in her presence, or even thought about her, I forgot everything else around me, what only mattered was her. The door suddenly opened and I pulled away to see an old woman walk into the store. “Lets get out of here,” I said grabbing Kate’s hand in mine and pulling her towards the door.

“Wait! I have to put the key back,” Kate suddenly said.

“Don’t worry I’ll do it for you,” I said taking the key from her hand and walking up to the counter. The guy was standing as far away from the counter as he could get with a terrified look on his face as he watched me drop the key on the counter, I smirked, before walking back to Kate and out the door.

Chapter 10

[Kate’s POV]

“Where’s Jensen?” I asked Sebastian, as we casually strolled down the street towards the car. Sebastian looked away for a second before glancing back towards me.

“He’s…decided to go on his own path,” he replied slowly, shoving his hands into his pockets.

I studied his face watching to see if he was lying, but his face was just blank. “By on his own path you mean…” I trailed off trying to pry some more information from him.

“I…convinced him to see the…reality of this situation. I made him realize that it just wasn’t working out between the two of you. That you were better off with a guy like me,” he replied wrapping his arm around my shoulders pulling me closer to him with a cocky smile.

I stared up into his eyes almost losing myself in their blue depths, but I looked away feeling a slight blush rise to my cheeks. Why does he have to make me feel like this, on one hand I want to punch him in the face for ruining my life, but on the other hand I want him to just hold me close and forget about the rest of the world. “And what did he say to that?” I said, slowly pulling his arm off my shoulders, not wanting the stupid tingles running up and down my spine to distract me from finding out what really happened to Jensen, because when they both left it sure didn’t look they were going to have a male bonding session.

“You never answered my question, where’s Jensen,” I pushed wanting to make sure Sebastian didn’t just beat him up and leave him unconscious in a random alley.

It was silent for a minute, before he simply said, “He‘s gone.” I instantly stopped in my tracks looking over at Sebastian in disbelief. “What do you mean he’s gone! Gone where?” I shouted. Sebastian placed his hands on my shoulders as he looked me in the eyes saying, “He’s in a better place right now and I can tell you he’s very happy about it too,” Sebastian said giving me a small smile. “You…you don’t mean he’s dead do you. Oh please don’t tell me you killed him Sebastian, please,” I rushed out feeling my whole body start to tremble as the tears started to come down.

“No no no, I didn’t mean it like that Kate,” he said panicking as he pulled me into his chest. “I meant he’s…he’s…going on a vacation…to someplace nice,” Sebastian said gently as he started rubbing soothing circles along my back.

 I pressed my face closer to his chest, my tears making his shirt all wet. “Jensen wouldn’t just leave without saying goodbye to me,” I sniffled out, already feeling better just hearing that Jensen wasn’t dead.