[22] A Vampire Always Gets What He Wants

Recap…

“Who the hell is it,” he barked out.

“It’s Skyler,” came his ruffled reply.

“What the fuck do you want?” he growled.

“You requested that we need to heighten security so I’ve arranged for a meeting with all the staff in five minutes,” he replied respectfully, ignoring Sebastian’s hostile tone. Sebastian heaved a frustrated sigh, “can’t it wait?”

“Afraid not sir.”

“Fine I’ll be down in a few minutes,” Sebastian said begrudgingly rolling off of me, and placing his arm over his eyes.

Chapter 22

[Kate’s POV]

When Sebastian said he wanted to up security I didn’t think he would go to this extreme. After Skyler’s interruption a couple of days ago Sebastian was taking no chances. If he couldn’t even hear his own second in command coming down his personal wing when we were getting…intimate, just thinking about that night brought a blush to my cheeks. As a result he had positioned at the entrance of his private wing were two of his best warriors, fully equipped with every portable torture device that could bring a guy down with a single hit. Looking out the window you could clearly see the exact same warriors spaced out along the castle walls monitoring the entire island. Sebastian was going too far with this. I know he was only doing this to keep me safe but come one, there’s like a hundred guys out there patrolling the island.

Two familiar arms pulled me back into a firm chest that I was beginning to know all too well.

“Mmh, what’s bothering you love?” Sebastian breathed onto the side of my neck sending a shiver through my body at the cool sensation, but I couldn’t lose my train of thought, “don’t you think this is a bit much,” I said turning my head to the side to see his electrifying blue gaze.

“What do you mean?” he said confusion clouding his features. I turned back to face the window, once again catching sight of numerous black clad figures. “Them,” I replied nodding towards the window in front of us. A few moments of tense silence passed before Sebastian sighed turning me around in his arms, he gently pushed my chin up until our gazes locked.

“I’m not taking any risks when it comes to your safety Kate, you mean too much to me,” he said softly running his thumb lightly across my bottom lip, “I know it may seem a bit extreme but there’s just so much that we don’t know. Heck I have no idea what we’re even up against, I have my men researching every source available for any possible answers however I think our best bet is to wait until Bradena has spoken with the rest of her coven. Plus it gives me an excuse to never leave your side, you can think of me as your…personal body guard,” he said in a husky tone bringing our hips closer together. I smiled coyly, “personal body guard huh, how about you get me a glass of water, my lips are feeling a bit…parched.” I said looking up at him, the sound of a lust-filled growl filled the air before I was swept up to his arms.

---------------~~~~~~~~~~~~~~-----------------

After our steamy make-out session I was burning up, I still wasn’t used to the humidity down here in South America and having Sebastian’s hands running up and down my body did nothing to keep my body temperature from spiking up.

Slowly I removed Sebastian’s hand from my waist but he quickly pulled me back onto the bed rolling over so that I was pinned underneath him,