[7] A Vampire Always Gets What He Wants

Recap…

Reluctantly, I placed my hand in his, letting him lead me down the hill from what was once one of the best days of my life to what was my own living nightmare. 

Chapter 7

I shivered.

The sun was already reduced to a thin line at the edge of the horizon, covering everything around us in a dark condescending shadow. I didn’t even realize how much time had passed since Jensen and I had left the movies, it was still light outside when we first trekked up this path.

All I could think about was the guy clutching my hand, as he led me down the hill with Jensen still thrown over his shoulder. He wasn’t even breaking a sweat or breathing hard from having to carry the extra weight of Jensen. If he was tired, he sure showed no sign of it.

I glanced over at him from the corner of my eye, still trying to mull over what I had just agreed to do. I felt so stupid for agreeing but I…just panicked, because I couldn’t live with my self knowing I was the reason Jensen died. 

I closed my eyes for a second remembering the look he had in his eyes, it seemed animalistic in a way, but still human at the same time. He was like a predator, stalking his pray, watching your every move before pouncing. I looked away from him keeping my attention on my shoes.

A few minutes later a cool breeze blew by and I shivered, bringing my free hand up to rub my exposed skin which was covered in goose bumps. Damn it why did I have to leave my jacket in Jensen’s car! I cursed to myself. I tried to pull my hand free of his but he just tightened his hold, sending a cold chill up my arm. His hand was freezing! It was like holding a block of ice. “Can you please let go of my hand, it’s freezing!” I said, my teeth starting to chatter. He turned his head towards me and looking into my eyes. He did that for a couple of seconds before letting out an exaggerated sigh and reluctantly releasing my hand, but he moved closer to me, so that our bodies were lightly brushing against each other with each step.

I tried ignoring the warm, bubbly feeling building up in my stomach, by rubbing my arms trying to keep them warm.

“Where’s your jacket love?” he suddenly asked looking at me with concern.

“I…forgot it in Jensen’s car” I replied embarrassed.

He suddenly stopped and I quickly stopped just before I ran into his shoulder. “What are you doing?” I asked confused, as he lifted Jensen up off his shoulder and dropped him on the ground, and not gently might I add. “Hey…Mr. be careful with him!” I shouted, realizing that I had no idea what to call him.

He raised an eyebrow at  my outburst.

“ Did you just call me Mr?” he said with a grin tugging on his lips. At that, I lost all sense of thought, because when he smiled he looked like a totally different person, he looked…almost angelic. What with his pale unmarked skin, square jaw, and perfect kissable-lips. He could make any male have a run for their money, but the most alluring part of his face, was…his eyes. They always took my breath away. I slowly realized that I was just standing there ogling over his face, while he waited for a reply. I blushed, feeling so embarrassed that I tilted my head down, letting my hair cover my face.