[4] A Vampire Always Gets What He Wants

Recap…

My eyes turned a abyss like black. The inner monster telling me I could easily kill all those people in an instant and take what was rightfully mine, but I couldn't, because if I lost control I could hurt Kate too. Sighing frustratingly, I looked at Kate as I jumped down from her window with ease; never breaking eye contact, I said " I'll be back for you my love." Before wrapping the shadows around myself and darting down the street.

Chapter 4

Kate's POV

Over the past few days, Aunt Cindy has kept me busy all day long; taking me shopping for new clothes, shoes, and anything that caught her eye. To say the least it felt good to just act like a normal teenage girl, I almost forgot what it felt like.

---------------~~~~~~~~~~~~~~-----------------

Today was the first day of school and I was so nervous, even Aunt Cindy was eyeing me wearily as I sat down at the kitchen table drumming my fingers on the tabletop.

"What's wrong Kate? Have you got something on your mind?" I immediately stopped my drumming and gave her a bright smile. "No, nothing’s wrong Aunty, I'm just so excited." I said as happily as I could without over doing it.

"Oh, well you should be, you're such a charming and sweet girl, you'll have no trouble making new friends. OH! And the boys. They'll just be throwing themselves at you because your so pretty!" Aunt Cindy said with a wink. I groaned. "Aunty!!"

"What? Its true," she said getting a dreamy look in her eyes, "Maybe you'll even find the one!" she squealed. I gave her a blank look, "Huh?"

"You know, your soul mate. The man your going to spend the rest of your life with!"

"Whoa! Aunty, I think your getting way ahead of yourself here. I'm only 17! And the majority of the guys at my old school, at least, were cocky, immature pricks." I huffed.

"Well maybe this school will be different Kate, you just have to keep an open mind." she replied.

"I'll try Aunty...is Tyler already up?" I asked.

"Yes he is, but your uncle and him left about 15 minutes ago because his school is farther away."

"Oh......well than am I walking to school?" I asked.

"Yes you are dear, because it's a good exercise, and the high school is just about a mile from here." she peered over at the clock, "and you better hurry school starts in 20 minutes!" she said.

I quickly finished my toast and grabbed my back pack. Aunt Cindy opened the front door for me, pulling me in for a squeeze and a kiss on the forehead before I could even take one step out the door.

"Good luck at school Kate, and don't worry you’re safe here." she said with a big smile.

---------------~~~~~~~~~~~~~~-----------------

The walk wasn't as long as I thought it would be and before I knew it I was standing in front of my new school, Kingston high. As I made my way toward the front entrance, I glanced around at the groups of random teenagers scattered among the courtyard. I took in a deep breath, to calm my nerves which were twisting and turning like a vexed snake, but it didn't help much. When I was just about to tug the door open, it flung open towards my face knocking me backwards. It happened so fast I could only open my mouth in shock. I was broken out of my trance like state, when I felt two arms break my fall from behind.