[13] A Vampire Always Gets What He Wants

Recap…

With that said Sebastian walked towards the already open door where Skyler now stood waiting. Turning his head to stare one last time at me before closing the door gently behind him.

Chapter 13

Lounging on the couch, I ignored the unease I felt towards the Kurt who hadn’t moved an inch since Sebastian left forty-five minutes ago. Glancing over at him he was like a statue, immobile and stoic but all of a sudden Kurt’s head turned towards the door. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion, before two knocks sounded from the door. I muted the tv as Kurt sniffed the air. 

“It’s a human,” Kurt whispered, “And he reeks of human sustenance.”

Human sustenance? Who calls food that? “Kurt, it’s okay it’s probably just the delivery guy.” Kurt glanced back at me before looking back at the door. “I don’t care, go hid behind the couch,” Kurt ordered before he slowly started to make his way towards the door, his left hand poised over his waist to where a dagger lay sheathed.

Another knock sounded and Kurt pressed himself up against the side of the door frame. He turned the handle slowly before whipping the door open so fast all I heard was loud thud as it slammed into the wall. 

“Let. Go. Of. Me”, a voice choked out. Kurt stood in the door way his back to me, his right arm holding a young man up by his throat, his legs dangling uselessly above the ground. “Kurt put him down, you’re choking him!” Kurt turned his head towards me his jaw clenched as his eyes glowed a deep green, his grip tightening ever so slightly as the man frantically clawed at Kurt’s hand.

“Kurt please!” Kurt obeyed as he slowly lowered the man back onto his feet, reluctantly releasing his death grip on the man’s neck. The man fell to his knees, his hands cradling his neck as he tried to breathe. I ran towards the man crouching down to help him catch his breath, but he flinched away from my touch struggling to get up onto his feet. “Sir I’m so sorry let me call you an ambulance,” but the man clambered to his feet and ran off down the hallway.

Man I hope he’s okay. There was a rustle of paper from beside me and I looked over to find Kurt with a brown take-out bag in his hand.

“Dinner’s ready” he said with a smug smile tugging at his lips. 

“Kurt that wasn’t funny. You could have killed that guy!” Kurt shrugged before placing his hand on my shoulder and leading me back into the apartment. I sighed still worried about the young man, but I guess there was nothing else I could do. 

---------------~~~~~~~~~~~~~~-----------------

I covered my mouth with my hand as I let out another yawn. It was about twelve-thirty in the morning and I could barely keep my eyes open as I sat on the couch and watched some late night movie, while Kurt stood with his back against the wall his eyes darting over every possible place of entry.

“You know you can sit down Kurt,” I said sleepily.

“I prefer to stand,” he replied curtly.

“Okay…well I’m gonna go to bed now,” I said turning the tv off and stretching out onto the couch.

“I’m taking the couch you’re in Sebastian’s room.”