[5] A Vampire Always Gets What He Wants

Recap....

He was stunningly beautiful, like nothing I had ever seen in my life, and he moved so fluidly that it was almost inhuman how easily he leaped out of my window and landed on his feet never once breaking eye contact with me. A tiny part of me felt sad at the possibility of never seeing him again, but I quickly squashed that thought. He was a murder and was nothing more than the man who ruined my life forever.

Chapter 5

"I've missed you my love" a voice whispered into my ear, sending shivers of icy desire throughout my entire body. He lightly traced his fingers, that felt as cold as ice, along the curve of my shoulder blade, to the tip of my elbow. I sighed leaning back into his frigid chest, sighing in contentment at his touch. He wrapped his arms around me, pulling me into a loving embrace. "You know you can't hide from me Kate" he suddenly said, his voice morphing into the only voice that could send my whole body into a chaotic frenzy of fear and lust at the same time.

I immediately struggled to free myself from his embrace, but it was no use, he was just too strong. "Oh Kate, you have no idea how hard it was to leave you that day. I've been waiting a very long time for you..." he whispered, running the bridge of his nose softly along the side of my neck.

I tried to shout at him to let me go, but as soon as he started placing soft kisses along the side of my neck, I felt my body instantly turn to mush. His icy lips leaving a trail of icy heat wherever they touched.

It was pure bliss.

I knew this was wrong, I knew I shouldn’t be letting this happen, but it just felt so right that I almost gave in to his blissful assault. Suddenly the images of what he did that day flashed through my mind, this guy was the reason I have no parents. The reason why Tyler and I had to fly across the country and start at new schools. And reason why I now fear the dark.

It was all his fault.

I could feel the tears start to built in my eyes; slowly glistening down my cheeks.

"What's the matter love?" he said immediately, suddenly appearing in front of me, staring straight into my eyes. His expression was troubled, as if he was experiencing a gut wrenching pain.

"Kate, seriously, what's wrong, are you hurt?” did someone...!?" he stumbled out, panicking. I just stood there staring into his dark blue eyes, puzzling over the bizarre red ring surrounding it, causing me to lose my train of thought, "I…"

He gripped my shoulders, "Kate, you what? Just tell me what it is and I'll fix it, just don't cry" he said, his voice turning into a pleading tone as he said the last few words, as he gently wiped the few stray tears streaming down my cheeks. I hated how he made me feel, because I should despise him, hate his guts for what he did to me, but what I was currently feeling had no relation to hate at all, it was very much, the polar opposite.

"Kate. I'm coming for you" he suddenly stated, dropping his hands to his sides as a determined look crossed his features.

"What? Why! No- " but he placed his finger to my lips, silencing me.

"Don't worry yourself love. I just have to..." he paused, furrowing his eyebrows together, as if looking for another way to phrase it, "have to... eliminate, a few, minor inconveniences, and then I'll be back. Its only a matter of time" he stated, before he leaned in to place a soft kiss upon my lips. He sighed as he slowly pulled away saying, "I can't wait to have you in my arms Kate, where you belong." Before vanishing into thin air.

"Goooood morning Wiltshire! Today's forecast calls for partly cloudy skies, and a high o- " I jerked up out of my bed. Holy crap, why is that so loud? "today's top news, teachers have rejected the government’s newest pro-" I finally found the off button and turned off the insanely loud alarm clock, falling back onto my warm bed. Wow, I can't believe that was all a dream, it, it felt so real; like he was actually there. I shivered as I remembered the way he skimmed his nose along the column of my neck, and the cool stroke of his finger as he glided it along the length of my arm.

I sighed, thinking that I must be insane, or at least becoming insane, because seriously who has romantic fantasies about the guy who killed their parents? I ran a hand through my hair, in frustration, tugging at the roots. I need to stop thinking about him! I can't let him get to me. 

It was just a dream, it was just a dream... I kept chanting to myself, before I took a long deep breath, and started getting ready for school.

---------------~~~~~~~~~~~~~~-----------------

Over next couple of days, the dreams didn't stop, every night I would dream about him. He would tell me he was coming soon, and how he longed to be with me, and at the end of each dream, it would end with a steamy kiss. I swear each time we kissed it was more carnal and full of lust than every other time, just thinking about it made my breath hitch in my throat. Though I think the worst part was that every time I woke up, my lips would be tingling, still feeling his soft lips moving against mine. It just felt so real, that sometimes I feared that he really was here.

I became paranoid. Always watching the area around me, making sure the coast was clear. Even Jenson was suddenly realizing something wasn't right.

He suddenly came to a halt as we walked out the front doors. Pulling me to the side and saying, "Hey Kate, are feeling alright? You've been very jumpy lately. Is something bothering you?" I avoided his gaze, "I'm fine. I'm just…stressed about some…things" I replied vaguely. Jenson didn't press me for anymore information, he just stared into my eyes and sighed.

"Well if you need to talk, I'll always be there to listen" he said with a sweet smile.

"Thanks Jenson, that's means a lot", I said, before quickly giving him a hug. "You're such a great friend" He smiled faintly.

"Hey what are, friends for."

---------------~~~~~~~~~~~~~~-----------------

As I was walking home, I glanced around at the flat farm lands on the left hand side of the street. It had a few stray horses, calmly nipping down on the tall blades of grass swaying in the soft breeze.

Then I glanced towards the forest, that stretched along the right side of the road like a never-ending line. It was dark, and oppressive, filled with gigantic Douglas firs, and Spruces that towered high above all the rest. I shifted my gaze away from the dark forest, dreading what could be lurking within the darkness and focused on getting home, where I was safe.

As I was walked down the gravel driveway to the house, I noticed both aunt Cindy and uncle Ted's cars were missing. Hmm, I wonder where they both went. Luckily, aunt Cindy kept a spare key under the mat.

Suddenly I heard a snap from behind me. I instantly froze, my heart starting to race. I sprinted the short distance to the front porch, taking the steps two at a time. I flipped the mat over, and harshly forced the key into the lock. As soon as I heard the click I forced the door open, and slammed it shut behind me, never once glancing back. I made sure to lock both locks, before carelessly throwing my backpack down the hall and running upstairs.

I sprinted into my room, slamming the door shut, locking it before diving under the bed. I tried to calm my heavy breathing, as the adrenaline pumped heavily through my veins, but I was freaking out. What if it was him? What if everything he had said to me has true, and at this very second he was right outside the house!?