[17] A Vampire Always Gets What He Wants

Recap…

“Sebastian if a demon’s mark is anything like a vampire marking their mate then there’s nothing you can do,” I said sadly.

“There’s always a loop hole Kate, you just have to find it.”

“I will bring this to the attention of my coven immediately and see if anyone has any knowledge of the demon this mark belongs to,” Bradena said raising from her perch. “But first Sebastian, I want my payment.”

Chapter 17

“Kate, just wait here I’ll be back in a few minutes,” Sebastian said softly, his eyes pleading with me to listen. I was curious to know what a witch could possible want from a vampire, though from the look in his eyes I knew whatever it was Sebastian didn’t want me to see it. “Of course,” I said with a fake enthusiastic smile.

“Thanks love”, he said placing a light kiss upon my lips. Our lips touched for only for a split second, but my body would beg to differ. Every nerve ending tingled within me sending a fiery buzz through my body leaving me utterly breathless, my lips parting at the sensation. Sebastian’s eyes turned completely blue again, they seemed to glow brighter than ever before.

Sebastian got up quickly giving me one more lingering glance before following Bradena down the hallway. Something shiny caught my eye as Bradena turned down the hallway. It hung at her side like a thick rope or something. I could have sworn it looked like it was made of metal but it vanished in the darkness before I could see it more clearly.

I leaned back against the couch trying to sort out all the things Bradena had said about the mark on my wrist, but all I could think about was the kiss. Unconsciously my fingers reached up and touched my lips, still feeling the light tremble of warmth from his lips. This was how a kiss was always described in books, sizzling, hot, and utterly mind-blowing. Though there weren’t any fireworks going off in the background but I'm pretty sure they did inside my body.

Ten minutes passed and I was starting to get worried. Bradena’s words echoing in my head, ‘ I want my payment now.’ The rational part of my brain insisted that they were simply negotiating a price, but I knew deep down that a witch like Bradena didn’t desire money.

The sound of heavy steps brought my attention towards the hallway Sebastian and Bradena disappeared down. Sebastian’s face emerged from the darkened hallway, I immediately rose up from the couch, making my way to him not wanting to stay in this room any longer than I had to.

As I approached Sebastian, I almost took a step back at the sight of his face close up. His once bright blue eyes now looked almost completely red, the red rim almost covering his entire iris. His skin now looked sickly pale, the veins under his eyes clearly visible making him look like he hadn’t slept in weeks. He could have been mistaken for a ghost by the sheer whiteness of his skin.

“Sebastian, what happened to you,” I gasped out, watching him grimace as I placed my hand on his arm.

“Nothing. It’s nothing, let’s just go,” he said roughly staggering towards the door. What did she do to him? It was like she drained him of almost all his energy and what is a vampire‘s source of nourishment…blood.

He grabbed my hand leading me down the hallway. I knew something was wrong just from looking at the side of his face. His teeth were clenched tight and his eyes were more red than blue, but I wanted to know what she did, but I was afraid that he would snap so I just quietly let him tug me to the elevators, knowing that when he calmed down I could get my answers.

He pushed his way through the crowded dance floor, ignoring anyone in his sight only edging his way through to the door we entered through a while ago. Soon we were out the graffiti laded door and walking down the once again deserted street. Sebastian dropped my hand immediately walking a few steps ahead of me. “Sebastian,” I whispered softly, breaking the tense silence.