Part Nine

"Hyung," Jimin calls out as he timidly fidgets with his fingers, "I'm sorry."

I sigh and turn to look at Jimin. He stares at the ground in shame as I simply wrap my arm around his shoulders.

"Park, you did nothing wrong," I state.

He shakes his head vigorously, "That's not true. My voice cracked, and I hit the wrong note."

"That's nothing," I shrug. "No one noticed it. Besides, you did great on everything else. That surprise dance you did while still singing was highly impressive. I bet everyone in there thinks you're a trainee from some company."

He sighs and shakes his head, "I doubt that."

"You underestimate yourself too much, Park," I mutter as we continue to approach the bus stop.

Jimin keeps his gaze down as he nibbles on his lower lip. If it wasn't for the fact I could hear his sniffles and the street light hit his tears at the perfect angle that allowed me to see the slight shine, I wouldn't have noticed that he was crying. Aish, why is he crying? Is he really feeling that guilty? He didn't do anything wrong and no one noticed. I didn't even notice; he's the only one who noticed it.

I dig into my jeans pocket and pull out a clean napkin I had stuffed in there after eating some snacks at the bar. Without a glance, I hand Jimin the napkin, "Yah. Take this."

My eyes remain glued to the cars zooming by on the street as we finally reach the bus stop. Even though I can feel his stare burning through me, I keep looking at the street.

"Thank you," he says softly and then takes the napkin from me.

When I'm sure he's not looking at me, I peek at him to see him wiping his tears away with the napkin. He dabs his face carefully. His blonde hair seems to glow in the light provided from the streetlights and the moon. He looks like an angel.

Wait, what. No, no, no, Jimin doesn't look like an angel. He's just this guy- who happens to be somewhat attractive- who keeps following me around. He's actually quite annoying and too positive. He also never gives me my space and seems to lack the knowledge of personal space.

Yeah, that's it.

"The bus is here," Jimin mumbles.

I look away from Jimin but not without noticing the tint in his cheeks.

"Hm, are you cold?" I ask as I can feel heat gather from my face to my ears. I can't believe I just got caught staring at Park fucking Jimin by Park fucking Jimin.

Jimin shakes his head no silently while hunching together a bit. We both shuffle towards the bus and climb aboard. The ride is quiet yet peaceful as I stare out of the window I sat next to. When I feel a tickling on my neck, I whip my head around only to find a sleeping Jimin nestled into my side. I sigh and sweep his fringe away from his closed eyes as he gets even more comfortable.

This kid.

I know this is short, but I decided to update a little bit because of the comeback lol. My hiatus will officially end on June 9th, so look forward to that lol. Everything will be updated then.

Have a great day!