Part Five

I wake up to the smell of something fresh and slightly soapy. Inhaling the sweet smell, I crack open an eye to see pale blonde hair in front of me. Noticing the gentle warm air hitting my neck, I turn slightly red at the realization that Jimin and I are intertwined and... cuddling.

How did this even happen? We were both at least two feet away when we went to bed. I don't even cuddle.

His lips slightly graze the sensitive skin of my neck, and I try to gently push him away as tingles run throughout the area he touched. Okay, no more close touchy-touchy with Jimin please.

He whines in his sleep and wraps his arms around my torso, pulling me towards him and snuggling in deeper. Oh boy, why is the world against me? The next thing I know, his legs go in between mine and cuddle further. Nope. I am out of here.

Trying to unwrap his arms from around me, I curse silently as he just continuous to cling to me. What is he? A damn koala?

Poking his cheek awkwardly, I whisper, "Hey, Park, you mind scooting a bit back."

"Huh?" He grumbles with his eyes scrunched shut. He yawns and readjusts his head on my chest.

I bite the inside of my cheek, "I should buy you a dictionary so that maybe you'll learn the definition of personal space, Park."

He exhales deeply and opens his eyes. They widen instantly, and he jumps away from me, "I'm so sorry, Yoongi-hyung! I didn't realize what I was doing!"

"Just... stay there," I mutter while pinching the bridge of my nose.

He continues to apologize over and over again until I place a hand over his mouth, "Please stop talking. You're going to give me a headache."

Jimin nods innocently while staring up at me. Clearing my throat uncomfortably, I get out of bed and stretch. Rubbing my neck anxiously, I groan in frustration.

"Is something wrong, hyung?" Jimin asks, concerned.

Sighing, I let my arms drop, "Nothing, I'm fine."

I motion Jimin to follow me as I go into the kitchen to prepare us some breakfast. I grab my notebook and pen on the way there, making sure to flip it open to the page Jimin and I were reading over yesterday.

Jimin goes on his tiptoes to peek over my shoulder at my journal. I sigh internally and stare into space with an empty expression. Aish, this kid.

"What do you want for breakfast?" I snap the notebook shut tightly. He jumps slightly, but he quickly recovers as he grins up at me.

"Are you cooking again?" He jumps up and down in excitement.

Patting his over-excited head, I say, "Yeah, I'll make anything you want. But it's a one day thing only. You'll never get another opportunity like this, so choose wisely."

"Ah, but now I won't be able to choose," he pouts and crosses his arms adorably. Cute.

Pretending to be impassive, I mutter monotonously, "That's your problem, not mine."

He grabs onto my arm and swings it around while whining, "But I want to pick the right one. It's so hard, putting so much pressure on me. Can't you promise to make at least one more dish for me?"

"Yah, Park, it's just one meal," I say and remove my arm from his hold.

Stepping into the kitchen, I begin to pull out a variety of utensils. Jimin mumbles to himself as he moves to sit on a stool at the breakfast bar. He chews on his lower lip before he suddenly springs to his feet with a finger in the air.

"I know!" Jimin beams at me. I simply arch an eyebrow. "You should make some waffles!"

"Waffles?" I confirm, baffled.

He nods enthusiastically.

Aish, this kid is really strange sometimes. Why did I let him into my home again? Why did I let him stay over at my house again?

"Alright," I begin to move around instantly, preparing the meal for the both of us.

Jimin grabs the journal from where I set it down and opened it to the page we were working on together. He frowns at the lyrics, "I don't get this line much. How is she your tear? It doesn't make sense-"

"Yah!" I push the the page over so that he's looking at the right page. "That one's still a work in progress. Don't glance at any others, just look at the one we're working on."

"Fine, fine," Jimin mumbles as he mouths the song lyrics of the song we're making. "You make a lot of sad and depressing songs, you know."

I grit my teeth as I pour the waffle mix into the waffle maker, "You've literally looked at three of my songs only. And the first one wasn't even that sad."

"It was about having a hard life and learning to live off of the love of family," Jimin states. "It was heartwarming, but the hard life descriptions were still pretty sad."

"Then welcome to my life," I sigh.

Jimin looks up in surprise, eyes wide like always, "Your dad was actually killed? Did your mom actually work five jobs at a time just to pay the bills-"

"The entire song is based on our lives," I cut him off softly. My tone then hardens again, "No more questions about the song."

Jimin nods shyly. He then opens his mouth to speak again, "But my point still remains. The one about the her and tears is kind of sad, and so is this one we're making. It's literally about someone drifting away from everyone they love and being so depressed that they have gathered a large amount of self-hatred for themselves. You cannot tell me these two songs aren't sad."

"Whatever," I shrug.

Jimin stares at the lyrics silently for a few minutes. Suddenly he starts to sing, "So far away."

I'm surprised at his gentle melodic voice singing the verse perfectly. Blinking, I turn to look at a still singing Jimin. We haven't even decided on a tune, yet he already found one and is singing the chorus to it.

"We need to record that immediately," I say, walking up to him and dragging him to my studio.

He squirms around a bit, "But, what about the waffles-"

"They can burn."