Part Four

"So, do you live by yourself?" Jimin questions as I close the door behind him.

Setting down my backpack on the counter, I nod, "Yeah. Welcome to Minworld. Now please leave."

Jimin bows and retreats to the door, "Just wanted to make sure you arrived here safely. I'll see you at school, hyung."

I crack a small smile at his embarrassed expression and body language, "I was joking, Park. You don't have to go."

His eyes widen in surprise, "So you want me to stay for a while?" I just stare at him silently. He smiles broadly and quickly walks to my side, "What would you like to do, hyung?"

His cheerful attitude returns. I'm regretting my choice already. I'll probably get a headache from his endless positivity.

Making a split-second decision that might be the worst mistake I've ever made, I ask him a question that's been bugging me for a while, "Do you like music?"

He looks at me sort of funny, "Yes, who'd doesn't?"

"Some pretty weird people," I respond. "Do you... want to see something that I've worked on?"

Jimin's eyes widen in surprise again, "You mean, worked on musically?" I nod shortly. "Of course! I'd be honored."

I lead him to my studio, still debating if this is a good idea or not. I've never shown anyone my work and passion, so why am I showing Park Jimin? Why him out of everyone?

I sit down in my chair and pull another one that I haven't used in years over next to me for Jimin to sit in, "Here."

He awkwardly sits down as I click away on a few buttons. A track comes up and starts to play instantly. I sigh and lean back in my chair. My mother's angelic voice swims in my ears as I close my eyes. Images of her smiling face appear behind my eyelids. She laughs hard as she messes up on a line that we had been working on endlessly. I just laugh along with her and then continue on with my rap. We enjoy each other's company as we make the song we composed together.

A new honey-sweet voice joins my mother's gentle one at the chorus, throwing me off a bit. I open my eyes to see Jimin singing quietly next to me as he stares up at the ceiling. His fingers are twiddling about anxiously, but his voice fails to waver as he continues to sing without fault. The two voices blend perfectly, making my eyes widen more than I thought they could.

My rapping part comes up, and I go along with the song as well, my eyes never leaving Jimin. He peeks at me staring at him as I rap. He turns away, embarrassed, and begins to apologize.

"Sorry, I shouldn't have sang. I'm supposed to listen, I-"

"It's fine, Jimin," I state when the rap is over and the chorus returns. "You should sing more often."

He gives me a shy smile and ducks his head, "I, uh, I used to sing with my mum a lot."

I smile sadly, "I composed and sang this song with my mum as well."

At that exact moment, my mother's amazing vocals fill the room as she hits the high note and the song ends. We can hear our shouts of victory and warm laughs at the end too. We had both decided to leave those in to mark the song as our own.

"Your mum sings beautifully," he comments.

I nod, "She was great."

Peaceful silence fills the room momentarily until Jimin breaks it.

"Do you have any other songs you've composed?"

"No," I reply and grin, "Because I can't sing to save my life, but you can.... Would you like to hear a song I've been working on?"

-

"Ah, hyung, thank you for having me over, but I think I should be leaving now," Jimin bows respectfully.

"Nonsense," I pat his shoulder, "you shouldn't leave this late. Just stay over for the night, it's Saturday anyways."

Jimin's expression becomes surprised, "Oh, I don't want to intrude-"

"It's fine, Park. I live alone, so you won't be bothering anyone besides me. I don't want you to possibly crash from tiredness on your way home," I explain.

Jimin chews on his bottom lip, "But-"

"Just stay," I chuckle. I then tease lightly, "I won't bite... yet."

-

"I can just sleep on the floor, hyung," Jimin argues while staring at the single bed I own.

Shaking my head, I contradict him, "No, no, you're my guest. I'll sleep on the floor."

"But that's not fair," Jimin pouts.

"Fine. Then we'll both sleep on the bed," I remark.

I begin to move the duvet as Jimin stares at me in shock, "You serious?"

"Well, yes," I reply. "There's nothing wrong with sleeping in the same bed. Friends do it all the time."

"So you finally admit we're friends," Jimin wiggles his brows as he joins me in snuggling into the bed.

Cursing in my head, I frown, "Of course not. I don't do the whole friends thing, Park."

"Sure you don't," He sings. "And why do you keep calling me Park? You called me Jimin once already; why not just call me that instead?"

"You're crazy, I didn't call you Jimin," I say while shutting off the lamp and laying on my back.

Jimin shuffles into place as well, "I heard you say it."

"You must be imagining things," I mutter, hiding my face in my pillow. "Now I'm going to sleep."

Jimin giggles softly, "Goodnight hyung."