21

Derek had a check up appointment with his doctor to see how he was doing. I decided to come with him. I through on black leggings and a hoodie. I tugged on my uggs and tied my hair in a messy bun.

"Hey mom." I say as I enter the kitchen. She looks at me and smiles.

"Hey sweetie, where you going?" She asked as I bit into an apple.

"I think it's time for you to meet someone mom.." I say as she looks at me, confused.

"What are you talking about?"

"There's this boy.. and-"

"Hold it, you have a boyfriend?" She cut me off and I nodded, nervously. She walked over to me and hugged me.

"I can't wait to meet him." She says as I embrace the hug. We pulled away and smiled.

"Is that where your going? To see your boyfriend?" She asked.

"Yeah." I reply. I'm not going to tell her he had cancer because it's not my place to tell..

"Ok. Off you go then." She said as she shooed me out the door. I put my now gone apple in the trash and walked out the door.

***

I arrived at Derek's house and I knocked. I waited patiently and then I see an older woman answer the door. She smiled at me which I returned back.

"We aren't interested in people selling things sorry." She said as I frowned.

"Actually, I'm here to see Derek." I said as I shifted uncomfortably.

"Wait, are you Emily?" She asked. I guess Derek told her about me.

"Yeah." I stuck my hand out to give her a handshake. She shook her head at my hand and I pulled my hand away from her. That was rude..

"I don't do handshakes, I give hugs." She says as she hugs me which I embraced.

"I'm Jennifer, Derek's sister." She said. Where's his parents? Jennifer let me inside as I looked around and noticed Jaxon sitting on the couch. He looked over at me and smiled.

"I remember you! You came here yesterday! You're really pretty." He says as I blush. Jennifer laughed and shook her head.

"Very pretty." I heard someone from behind me say. I turned around and noticed Derek was only wearing basketball shorts but no shirt. I couldn't help but stare. I noticed his two tattoos. Lordy, Derek put a shirt on I'm practically dying looking at your flawless body.

"Eye raping me, eh princess?" I heard him whisper in my ear as I felt butterflies in my stomach. I blushed mad hard and shoved his chest. He smirked and Jennifer laughed.

"Leave the poor girl be." Jennifer says.

"You two met already?" Derek asked as he signaled to Jennifer and I. I nodded.

"Yeah and I have to say she's a keeper." Jennifer says as I look down and blush like a tomato. Derek chuckles and lifts up my chin.

"I know." He says. We decided yesterday night that we should get back together. He wasn't all on board for it but I told him we will act like this cancer didn't happen.

"I love you." I whispered to him.

"I love you too, princess." He cooed. I heard someone clear their throat. I looked over and saw Jennifer looking at us.

"Don't mean to ruin your little moment but Derek you got an appointment to catch." Jennifer says as Derek looks at the clock.

"Shit." He says as he tugs me upstairs with him. He walked in his closet and grabbed some clothes. He put his shirt on and then he tugged his basketball shorts down. I covered my eyes as he laughed.