C h a p t e r ➸ 34

A wasted effort? Scaling up the mountain, fighting off highly trained assassins, all to see Korosensei one last time. It was hard for Kaji to process this. That this strange yellow octopus that had done so much for her and she will never see him ever again. It hurt, deep in her heart, Kaji felt it.

However, this was no time for Kaji to morn this event. For there was one last opponent to face. Shiro, or Kōtarō Yanagisawa, and the terrifying beast that was with him. All the sadness left Kaji and was filled with fear. With both of their powers, Korosensei didn't stand a chance, and everyone knew it. Taking all those full blown attacks, Korosensei now just laid on the grass, practically defenseless.

Kaji wasn't entirely sure what happened next, but she did remember seeing her movement. Kayano, sweet Kayano. Who was ready to give her life for Korosensei. Kaji's body moved entirely in its on. She raced forward, pulling Kayano back and knocking her to the ground, she took her blade as well. And she found herself standing between the terrifying monster and defenseless Korosensei.

Her icy eyes were wide with fear as she stared up at the beast, but it slowly started to fade away. She knew she would give her life for Korosensei, for he had saved her life, and she would gladly return the favor.

Tentacles flew at her, and in a swift monition she swatted them away with the flimsy blade. She could see the impressed look on Yanagisawa's face. "Impressive. It is easy to tell that the Wolf lives inside of you." His words irritated her, but all she could do is force those thoughts away and focus on what was in front of her.

"Kaji! Stop!" Korosensei's cry rang through her ears. She took a deep breath before she turned to him.

"You saved my life, Korosensei. So I must repay the favor." Her words were soft, and she heard them shake slightly. But she was not afraid. When she turned to face her opponent she caught Karma's gaze. He looked frightened.  She turned to Kayano, "and I must return the favor to my classmates."

Kaji faced tue horrible beast, raising her blade. "You have protected us for so long, so it's only fitting for one of us to protect you."

With a quick monition Kaji dashes towards the beast with her blade raised. She avoided another 2 attacks and even managed to cut the beast slightly. She felt her feet leap off the ground, and then felt nothing. The world seemed to stop around her, and she couldn't head a thing. Everything started to go dark around her as the ground grew closer. And then there was darkness.