C h a p t e r ➸ 2

The class E was a bit confused by the so called assassin Kaji. It was kind of hard for many of them to see her as one. Being young and all. The fact that Kaji didn't do anything related to the assassination all day added to there doubt. She acted liked any other normal new kid. Quite and paid attention. However, Kaji's eyes were, strange. She kept them locked into Korosensei the who day, the icy color and sharp pupils almost made her eyes look like a wolfs orbs. Karasuma did say how she had been called Wolf for an assassins' name.

It was lunch now. So the students of the E class were now chatting among themselves as the ate. Kaji herself had savaged through a bookshelf she had discovered and found a book that look decant to read. Just until she could find a bookstore after school. She had settled down on a step and was munching away on a small plate of sushi she had bought. It was pretty good, if you excluded the fact that Kaji isn't very good at using chopsticks.

Kaji fiddled around with her chopsticks. Her icy gaze locked onto the half eaten meal laying in her lap. She never ate much, even after her father had died. Not to mention that the book she had picked was short and she had already finished it.

"Excuse me..." A trailing voice sounded from behind. Kaji turned to see a boy standing a little ways behind her. His hair a dark blue and his gaze staring right at Kaji. With another blonde headed girl standing behind him. Staring at Kaji with wide blue eyes. "Ja--yes?" Kaji quickly corrected herself, hating that she still had that habit, even though she was very fluent in Japanese.

The boy's eyes seemed to light up. He shifted to gaze at the girl standing behind him. "She dose have a heavy accent," he said. The blonde girl nodded with a smile across her lips. Kaji blinked at them. She forgets about her heavy German accent. Though, she can see why she still has it. She never talked much so it just ended up sticking to her.

"Oh," the boy said freezing. He turned his gaze back into Kaji before speaking. "I'm Sugino," he said, only to be pushed to the side by the girl. She smiled as she pointed at herself. "I'm Nakamura!"

"Sugino-san, Nakamura-san," Kaji mumbled to herself, she said there names aloud like it would help her remember them. "We'll just leave you to your lunch then," Nakamura said as she tugged on Sugino's arm and dragged him away. Well apparently they just wanted to say hi. Nobody had ever walked up to Kaji before and just said hi. Since most people were actually afraid of getting near her.

She hated it.

Kaji said nothing and turned back to her meal. Only to be met with a amber eyes staring her down. Kaji scooted back some, feeling a bit uncomfortable. She knew who was staring her down. It was the red haired boy that she now sat next too.

"Your an assassin, right?" He asked, tilting his head to one side, looking rather interested. Kaji thought for a moment before answering. She didn't really consider herself an assassin but people did tend to call her one. "If that's what you want to call me," she answered. There was a short pause following. The boy then chuckled under his breath. "You do have a heavy accent," he said with a sharp smile. Why was everyone so interested with her accent?

"Well, anyway," he said, standing straight back up and stuffing his hands into his pockets. "I'm Karma." Kaji stared up at him for a bit. "That's a strange name," Kaji said, half mumbling. Karma shrugged. After a sort of long pause Karma spoke once more. "I look forward to trying to kill Korosensei with ya," he said, his voice having a small ring to it.

As if on cue, the sound of a bell rung. Signaling that classes were starting back up. Well, class. Kaji shut her book and jumped up. She threw the remains of her lunch away before walking back to the assassination classroom.

~

The rest of the day went as they normally would. For the assassination classroom that is. There were a few assassination attempts throughout the rest of the day, not by Kaji though. She just simply kept her icy gaze glued to the yellow octopus of Korosensei.

The bell rang through the building, signaling the end of the day. Kaji quickly gathered up her stuff, shoving them into a bag before throwing it over her shoulder. She leaned down and picked up the piece of paper she had dropped, gazing down at it. The picture was of Korosensei himself, one that Kaji had drawn. She quickly folded it up before stuffing it into her pocket.

The setting sun gave the air a cool, but warm feeling it it. With few clouds in the orange sky. "Hey, Kaji-chan." Kaji gazed over her shoulder, already knowing who the voice belonged to. "Yes," she answered, gazing back at Karma. His voice seemed to almost always have some sort of amusement in it. "I'm curious what an assassin dose in her free time," he asked. Karma seemed fixated on her, but Kaji had no idea why. She waited a second before answering. "I would like to grab a book or two," she said. He didn't say anything after that, but still kept that smirk across his face.

"Karma-kun!" Kaji gazed over at the sound of a voice. Seeing that it belonged to a small blue haired boy, at lest Kaji is pretty sure he's a boy. "Are you harassing Kaji-san?" He asked, his voice with a hint of amusement. Karma laughed, "now why would I do that?" He was obviously joking. The blue haired boy smiled awkwardly and tilted his head to one side. He then suddenly pecked back up, setting his gaze on Kaji.

"I'm Nagisa Shiota," he said, slightly bowing. Kaji did as he did, and mumbled his name under her breath so she would remember it better. After a few moments Kaji spoke. "I'll be going then," she half mumbled. "Okay," Nagisa said, "see you tomorrow." After bidding her small goodbye, Kaji walked off. Feeling a bit flustered.

Class-E was strange. They were so, normal. So clam even with there teacher being there target. Kaji would have to watch herself. She didn't need to get attached to anyone in class-E.

You are the wolf, a powerful beast. However, even a wolf can be hunted.

The words echoed through Kaji's mind. That was something her father would say to her. And she hated it. Anything that had to do with him she hated.

He was right about one thing though. Kaji didn't need any friends.