C h a p t e r ➸ 31

I now find myself trying to drag this story out but I seem to be doing it in a good way? Maybe?

~

"Karma-san."

Karma hummed in response.

"Would you consider us dating?"

The pair was on their way home after school when this question had surfaced in Kaji's mind.

Karma did not answer at first, and Kaji was rather amused by the fact she had stumped him. She gazed up to meet his eyes, but he kept his amber gaze straight ahead, he looked like he was in deep thought.

"In a way," he sounded rather unsure.

"In a way?" Kaji sounded a bit annoyed, which she was not meaning to. She heard Karma chuckle.

"I would say so," he said, sounded amused by Kaji's reaction. This made Kaji's face flush red.

"So?" Kaji found herself squeaking out.

"We are dating." He said with a smile.

~

Kaji knew she was dreaming, for the white wind that whipped around her did not send chills down her spine.

She stood in ankle high snow, with her vision limited by the white wind. But she could see her breath in the cold air, which frightened her, for her breaths were quick, but she could not feel herself breathing in the cold air.

Through the snow she could see a figure. Her icy eyes stared at the figure, till she found herself drawn to it. She found it hard for her to walk, her legs were shaking, and she had no idea why. But she kept her gaze locked into the figure as she forced her way through the snow.

As she drew closer to the figure she could see that this figure was a person, and seemed to have red hair. Kaji felt her heart skip a beat, believing that it was Karma. However, as she drew closer she could see her breath becoming even quicker in the cold air, and she noticed that her hands were shaking, in fear. She stopped, staring at the figure. The snowy wind seemed to grow thin, reveling the figure even more. She could now see that the figure was not Karma, for he was much taller and more built. His hair was dark and something awful seemed to be hang around him.

Kaji froze, feeling ever inch of her body slowly grow cold. She couldn't move. The figure turned to face her, showing cold icy eyes. This was Kaji's father. Coming back from the depth of her memories to rule her life once more.

He stared at her with cold dark icy blue eyes, and Kaji just stood there, unable to move. He stood there, just staring at Kaji, piecing her soul.

He took a step forward, causing Kaji's heart to stop for a split second. She wanted to yell, to scream at him to go away. To remove him from her life. Kaji squeezed her eyes shut, bracing herself for whatever pain that might follow.

However, nothing came, and a faint warmth crept along her bones. She slowly opened her eyes, astonished by what she saw in front of her. What she saw was a blood red wolf standing between her and her father's cold gaze. The wolf's back was arched high, rising and falling with heavy breaths, with a single icy gaze staring back at her. The wolf seemed to be protecting her.

The wolf's mouth parted, reveling sharpe glistening white fangs. A soft growl came from the wolf, casing Kaji to jump. The growl soon erupted into a full out howl, and Kaji just watched.

~

Kaji was shaken awake by the wolf's howl. She shot up from beneath her covers, wide eyed and breathing heavily. She was still processing that dream, unsure if she should be afraid or not.

Her frightened eyes moved over to Fotiá, who stood at the foot of her bed, gazing at Kaji with scared green eyes. She must of scared him.

Kaji forced herself to take long deep breaths to attempt to calm herself down. She reached forward to pull Fotiá closer to her. The small red cat curled up against her, purring quietly.
Kaji dragged her fingers along Fotiá's fur, going through her mind to decide on what she was going to do.

After finally deciding, Kaji reached forward and grabbed her phone. She went through her contacts until she found Karma's name.