C h a p t e r ➸ 25

Geez I feel like 25 chapters is a lot. And I am proud of myself for it. And I am also proud of his chapter being over 1000 words so say. Enjoy, I guess?

~

The original plan had been for the class to split up into teams to go and search for Kaji. Korosensei didn't want to try and find her himself seeing how she seems very hostile towards him. However, Karma had other ideas and decided to go off on his own, having an idea where the red haired assassin may be.

Karma wasn't sure why he wished to go after her himself. He just kind of wanted to, and he doesn't see why. It slightly bothered him, why his mind seemed to be filled with only Kaji. And it bothered him even more now seeing how she is suddenly acting so strangely. Even more than that, just the way she had looked at him, it hurts him. No matter how much he wished it didn't. Or how much he hates to admit it.

Karma had been so caught up in his thoughts he hadn't really been paying attention where he had been going.

He slowed to a stop, luckily he had ended up in the place he had wanted to be. He stood on a higher level of ground that dipped down into a small crater with a pond covering most of it. However, there was a small bit of land down in the crater, with a red mound sitting close to the edge.

Karma ducked down into the undergrowth, gazing at Kaji's frame from a distance. She looked as if she had her knees pulled into her chest, just gazing into the water. What could possibly be going through her mind at the moment? Now that Karma had found her the problem was on how he was to get her back to normal. There had to be some way, surly?

Karma gazed at her crimson red hair for a moment longer. Maybe he could try just talking with her? The circumstances were much different now that they were before. It was just Karma and Kaji, and Karma had seen the look in her eyes before she had disappeared, like for a brief moment she was aware of what she had done. Karma also felt like he was more connected to Kaji than the other members of class-E. This could possibly work.

Karma carefully slid down the small slop, trying to stay as quite as possible, not wanting to find out what would happen if he happened to startle Kaji. He watched her intently, watching as she moved slightly hearing him shift the dirt. Kaji turned her head to look at her fellow classmate. Her cheeks were slightly red and she seemed to be having a difficult time breathing, from how she took in slow shaky breaths through her mouth. Her left eye was still blood red, this sent a small chill down Karma's spin.

"What... the hell... do you.... want?" Kaji said, taking a breath in between almost each word, her voice was also quite raspy. Karma thought about his reply, "what are you doing?" He asked. Kaji' eyes shifted from Karma, she sat in silence for a moment, "I have to," she paused, "töte ihn." Even if Karma did not speak German he was well aware of what she had said. As if she had read his mind, she continued. "Because if I don't, he'll just keep on tormenting me." She sounded distressed.

Karma thought about next words, "how is he tormenting you?" Karma found himself talking rather softly. "Because," it sounded like Kaji's words caught in her throat, "he's done this to me my whole life," she wasn't breathing as hard, and her words started to slur together. "Everything I do and even think of he's there, haunting my every thought. I just want him dead so he'll stop!" Kaji gasped for air, as if she had forgotten to breath for a moment. Once she caught her breath, her icy gaze shifted back over to Karma. "And you," she said, raising herself from the ground. Karma felt his body tense. "You'll just get in my way."

Kaji moved towards Karma with her blade raised and bloodlust filling her eyes. She swung at Karma, it was very sloppy, she must not much energy left. She kept on swinging her blade at Karma, till finally she managed to skim his cheek, causing a trickle of blood to run down his his skin. Kaji gaze a satisfied smile.

"This is what I do!" She said, taking another swing at Karma. "I kill! That is all I've ever done!" Whatever was in Kaji's system must be messing with her brain far to much. Just the tone of her voice was so out of character. This worried Karma, but always angered him. "And this is all I'll ever do!" This time she caught a bit of exposed skin on his arm, this one deeper than the last. Karma winced, and found himself doing something unexpected. He raised his balled fist and hit Kaji right in her jaw, causing her to tumble backwards. Without hesitation, he swung around and kicked Kaji's stomach, knocking her to the ground. Her sword slipped out of her grasp, and Karma took his time to pin her to the ground. He forced her arms against the ground and used the rest of his body weight to try and keep her down. She was much stronger than she looked.

"You are an idiot!" Karma yelled. Kaji's struggle died down as she stared into his amber eyes, surprised by his sudden outburst. Karma's whole body was full of anger, that happened to just fuel his words. "You say all you can do is kill! But you are very wrong!" Karma hesitated for a single moment, but Kaji's eye were begging him to continue. "You say that he is controlling your life only because you're letting him! And you're so much stronger than that!" Karma was surprised by what was coming out of his mouth. It was as if his heart was pouring out of his mouth, and he was glade that no one else was around to hear it.

"You are stronger than all of us and you don't even know it! He's gone now! And yet you're still letting him control your life! And that is only going to make your life a living hell if you can't get over it! And I-" Karma paused, he took a deep breath before continuing. "And I don't want that for you." His voice was much softer now, like he was trying to comfort a worried child. "He's gone now, he can't hurt you." Everything went quite, silence surrounded the two for what seemed like forever.

Kaji had gone limp in Karma's grasp, and he released her arms, and she just stared up at him. As if she was unable to believe what had just come out of his mouth. The redness in her left eye slowly faded away, leaving it bloodshot, and Kaji's eyes started to fill with tears. She reached up and pulled Karma's head into her chest, like she didn't want him to see her cry. "I'm sorry," she said, her voice was heavy with emotion. Kaji's arms then went limp, but this did not worry Karma, for he could still feel her gentle breath against his face.