C h a p t e r ➸ 3

Class-E just bugged Kaji. Like some flea or tick on an animal. She was unable to shake them off. Kaji was stuck with them till she killed Korosensei. That's right, after Korosensei is killed Kaji will be off. She had to force herself to remember it's just another job. She had no other reason to stay in class-E afterwards.

Kaji had found the largest fiction book she could yesterday. Well, she actually bought a book series that's actually after cats. Kaji was surprised how much she liked reading it.

Today would be the forth day of Kaji being in class-E. She planned on killing Korosensei today. She thought that the morning would be the best time. Even so, Korosensei never let his guard. Adding that into his speed and how smart he is, Kaji knew she was going to have a hard time.

The morning was quite and cool atop the mountain. Kaji was used to it though, she hoped that with the wind at her back, it would help her.

Kaji's mind had been wondering, a habit she had gotten after her father had died. She really needs to get it together. She felt a light poke to her side, but it wasn't right. Kaji's icy eyes grew with alarm. She didn't even notice anyone that has come up behind her. It was almost as if she was stabbed through the side with a sword. It gave her a chilling feeling. She whipped her head around, alarm pulsing through her body. She was shocked to find Nagisa staring up at her with a confused look.

"Something wrong, Kaji-san?" He asked. Kaji blinked, having to process everything for a second. She shook her head. "You looked like you were spacing out," he said. "Surly an assassin shouldn't lose focus?" He was joking, Kaji could tell from his voice. Even so, she didn't expect him to be able to sneak up on her so easily. "It's a bad habit," she half mumbled. She shot a quick glance down at him, he looked so, innocent. However, Kaji could sense something strange from him, he almost reminded her of a snake. On how he snuck up on her so easily. Could a snake take down a wolf?

Kaji shook off the feeling and kept on walking. At her left, she could feel Nagisa following along behind her. Kaji smiled at herself, though it was a very small smile. She picked up her pace a bit, leaving Nagisa behind, looking a bit confused.

Korosensei was placed right at the end of the steps that lead up to the building. So he was out in the open, and it gave Kaji plenty of room to move around. She clinched her fist, knowing that this was going to be a hard task.

"Korosensei." He gazed over, recognizing the heavy accent. Kaji stared up at him, her icy eyes looking a bit dazed. "Could you do me a favor?" Kaji asked. Korosensei chuckled a bit, "depending on what it is," he joked. Kaji reached up behind her back, and placed her hand on the handle of the sword that she had on her back. On a one quick motion, Kaji drew her sword and swung it straight towards Korosensei. His body moved on it's own, trying to escape from Kaji's sword. Even so, the blade sliced through one of Korosensei's tentacles. He hadn't expected Kaji's swing to be so quick. That, and why the metal blade had a effect on his skin. It was only then when his eyes wondered over to the green tale that was wrapped around the bottom half of the blade.

Kaji's face was now dark, with her blood colored hair giving her eyes a dark shaded look. Her icy eyes were sharp, and deadly. Her eyes were locked into Korosensei, glaring at him as if he was her prey.

"Die."

Korosensei quickly dashed out of the way, not wanting to take anymore damage. By now, everyone was in shock at how Kaji had been able to hurt Korosensei. Kaji knew everyone was looking at her now, but she was able to ignore it. When she had her sights set on her target, everything else seems to fade around her. Through Korosensei's eyes, he could almost see a bloodthirsty wolf standing over Kaji. Glaring at him with a fierce look and sharp blood stained teeth. Kaji was indeed a genuine assassin.