C h a p t e r ➸ 10

The exams had gone better than Kaji had expected. Not only did she do well on it but so did her classmates. Well enough to get the class a trip to some resort or something. Kaji wasn't too sure what the call it. She wasn't so excited that she can't sleep about it but she was looking forward to it. It would get her out to some place that she'd never been to.

Going back to exams, Kaji surprised herself on how well she did in math. She placed 9th out of the whole school. She did make sure to thank Karma, but she was unable to get out of him what he placed overall. He most likely placed lower than her if he didn't want to share. Which Kaji could see him being some what embarrassed about since he was spossed to be some sort of math genius.

The red head still did find ways to annoy Kaji. After the exam he seemed a bit down but he soon popped back up. While the class was coming up with a assassination plan and scratching up money for the trip, Kaji had said something to Karma about if she aimed for his eyes with a gun she could probably hit him. It was practically common knowledge in class-E that Kaji can't shot for crap.

Karma did reply rather fast, "With your aim it would take a miracle." That did piss Kaji off quite a bit. Enough where she had punched Karma's arm as he was laughing at himself.

"Kaji-chan," Karma's voice shot through her thoughts, causing her to shake her head. She blinked as her icy eyes adjusted to bright sun and stared up at Karma. There was something shinning in his amber eyes, Kaji couldn't tell what it was. Excitement, happiness? He was just so hard to read.

"What every you're thinking," Kaji stated in a almost cold tone, "don't." Karma chuckled, "You should come a join us though." Kaji blinked, her mind wondering for just a brief moment. So far on this assassination vacation, Kaji had just sat on the rim of the beach and read her book. She might as well.

Kaji snapped her book shut and jumped, well not really jumped, but got up from her comfortable beach chair. She didn't say anything as she followed Karma to who knows where. At least now she knew that he had a feeling of glee radiating off him.

Not matter how annoying Karma might be, Kaji couldn't find it in herself to just push him away. The same thing with all of the students of class-E. She would normally just push them away and stay by herself, like she has always done. But she just couldn't. She had no idea why. She had no idea what they saw in her other than a bloody assassin. Could they see something different? Maybe that's why she couldn't bring herself to get rid of them.

~

Kaji had to stay with the decoys during the assassination attempt for Korosensei. She can't swim and there was no way in hell she was getting on a boat. Kaji really did believe that they had killed Korosensei. As she sprinted down to the dock she couldn't feel his presence at all. Did this really kill him?

Kaji, well she didn't know what to think seeing Korosensei in such a strange state. Hiding in his own little glass ball with the same smile plastered across his face.

"Such an unruly state your in, Korosensei," Kaji stated with a almost cold tone, but her voice still held some what of a joking tone. Korosensei just laughed as his reply. It was kind of hard to take him seriously when Karma has him in a plastic bag.

"You know," it seemed that Karma had directed his attention over to the red haired assassin now. "It's very tempting to push you into the water, Kaji-chan."

"Try it and see what happens," Kaji replied with a husky tone. Karma just chuckled.

Kaji could feel the disappointment in the air. She couldn't remember a time when the class was this, down. Kaji couldn't even take a sip of the drink that sat in front of her. She too was pretty disappointed about the failed attempt. She really did think that they had killed Korosensei.

However, something seemed very off. The feeling in the air was not right at all. Sure everyone should be tried and pretty bumped but this, this is just not right. Kaji found herself scanning her classmates, sure enough, something was very wrong.

Almost the whole class seemed to be, sick. It didn't help Kaji when she noticed the worried look in Karasuma's face. Someone had done something, something that would even make Karasuma worry.

What could this trip turn into?

~

I think the ending was a bit poorly written but I really don't care.
I read this really really sad Karma x Nagisa fanfic and it really messed me up. But I can't hate it, I really enjoy the idea.
A part of me wants to put a different version of it in this book but then again..... Idk, I'll see what I decided.
I'm actually thinking of doing like little one-shots? at the end of this book. Idk. We'll have to see.