C h a p t e r ➸ 6

The poorly lit room was cold, a cold that sent chills down anyone's spin that walked in. Not because it was winter, for the room was well heated. It was what laid on the room that gave it the chilling shock.

Kaji was younger, 13 to be exact. She looked pretty much the same from her 15-year-old self. But, the look in her eyes. There was almost no glare in them what so ever, just a cold bloodlust. Almost like a predictor who hasn't eaten in weeks, on the prowl for blood.

The wooden floor creaked under the weight of the footsteps. Everything seemed poorly lit, Kaji was barely able to see 5 feet in front of her. She kept her head down as she walked along side the other men who towered over her. However, Kaji had gotten used to being around the tall men.

Kaji's icy eyes drifted from the wooden floor to the man in front of her. If anything, Kaji thought of him as the largest man in the world. His hair had to be as black as the night sky. With his back turned to her, Kaji wasn't able to catch any of his features, but she knew them all to well. He had to be some sort of demon.

"Kaji," the man stopped in front of Kaji, almost making her run into him. That's like some sort of death wish. He gazed over his shoulder down at Kaji. His eyes, were an icy blue, just like Kaji's. However, his seemed like tiny icebergs resining in his eyes.

"Enttäuscht mich nicht. (do not fail me)" His heavy German tone was cold, sending a chill down Kaji's spin. Kaji simply nodded, keeping her head down. She could almost feel her eyes burning, burning from, anger. She had gotten her mother's blood red hair, but she wished she didn't get his eyes. She hated her icy blue orbs.

Kaji felt a cold gush of wind as they entered the chilling room. She didn't flinch, she was far to used the the chilling air of her homeland.

Kaji's eyes drifted around the room. Such a plain room, with only wooden walls with a man seated in a throne like chair near the back. Kaji made sure to keep sight of the 2 men who stood beside him, each looking like some types of bodyguards.

The man seated on the chair chuckled. With his head resting on his fist, he flashes a creepy smile to his visitors. "Ya somnevayus', chto vy prishli syuda mirno. (I doubt you came her peacefully)." Russian, Kaji was happy that she knew it by heart, she doesn't want to get on her father's bad side anymore than she already is. Kaji quickly repeated the man's word for her father to understand.

He chuckled, "Du Weist warum ich hier bin (you know what I'm here for)." The Russian man's expression changed. "Den'gi? u vas ne dostatochno (the money? Don't you have enough?)," he replied, his tone sounding a bit annoyed.

Kaji felt like she had herd those words way to many times. It was all the same in the underworld. Lending out money for projects, with a large fee of course, and they almost always ended in some sort of bloodshed. Kaji felt her muscles tense, ready to spring out at any moment, to protect her father. She will do anything he asks of her, for that is the way she was raised. Even if it was some twisted way that would kill most other children who even tried. What else could she do?

Kaji opened her mouth to translate, but her words were cut off before she could even say a single word.

"Ich weiß, was er gesagt hat! (I know what he said!)," her father snapped, making Kaji flinch slightly. His cold icy stare glared down at the small red haired girl. He eventually turned his gaze back over to the Russian man. His eyes were narrowed, one of the bodyguards shifted.

In almost an instant, the bodyguard drew some sort of weapon, but he soon found that he couldn't move his hand. Blood gushed from a deep wound along his hand, still clutching the gun. His eyes quickly shifted to the small red haired girl standing beside him. Kaji's eyes were fixed on the man's new wound, with her arm raised as she clutched her sword tightly, the cold blade dripped with blood.

The man quickly clinched his free fist, and swung it at Kaji with much force. With her icy eyes darting over to the force, Kaji felt her feet leave the ground, and her sword pierce through his shoulder. It wouldn't kill him instantly, since Kaji had misjudged and cut through his left side instead of his right. He would at least bleed to death before long. His blood was cold as if stained Kaji's clothing, like it always is. The warmth of blood no longer sent chills through Kaji's body. Just, nothing.

Kaji's head whipped around as the other man rammed himself into Kaji. Knocking both Kaji and himself to the ground. Kaji scrambled to free herself, but the man had all of his weight on her lower back. Kaji soon found herself screaming in pain from the sharp pain shooting through her shoulder. However, it was more of a silent scream, like she was trying to cover up the fact that she was in pain. The man dug the knife as far as he could into her shoulder, with blood flowing out, almost blending into her hair. The sword shifted in Kaji's hand, she quickly brought her sword back and felt it pierce into the man's side. Kaji felt the pressure from the knife disappear and the man's body slowly slid off of her.

Kaji's breath was quick, almost in a in panic. Her hands scrambled around a bit as she ripped the knife out of her shoulder, with a small gasp escaping her lips as she did. Kaji tried her best to prop herself up, falling back down to the cold floor once.

With a loud bang from a gun, Kaji knew that the Russian man was dead by now.

Blood stained the entire room. Kaji's own blood mixed in with the other men's, however, her blood. Kaji's own blood was brighter, like a small ember of a flame.

Kaji's icy eyes slowly lifted up, following the figure of a large man she knew all to well. Her icy eyes finally met the cold arctic ones of her own father. His gaze narrowed in a shallow anger, Kaji hated is cold gaze, but she couldn't look away. His voice was even colder, like a storm in winter, and sharp like a freshly sharpened knife.

"Wirst du aufstehen (you get up), Little Wolf."

~

Kaji shot up from her bed, faster than she had expected. Her eyes were wide with alarm, and fear. Cold sweat dropped down her face as her small chest rose with and fell shaky breaths.

Kaji's wide eyes drifted down to the small red kitten. Who has risen his head from his slumber to see what was going on. As she stared into his green eyes Kaji felt herself calm down a bit. She took another deep breath as she let her muscles relax.

Her hand reached up to her shoulder, clutching it tightly. Kaji could almost feel it burning. She still had that scar, along with many others.

Little Wolf echoed around Kaji's head, giving her a headache. She hated it. She hated her father. Kaji sometimes wished she could just wash away all of her horrible past.