C h a p t e r ➸ 13

"Are you proud of me?"

Kaji felt herself sway on her feet. Reaching up to her head as she felt it pulse with pain. That's just what she needed right before school. A blistering headache.

The sky was fading into the morning light as Kaji made her way along the dim lit path. She pretty much felt like shit by now. She shook her head, hoping that she could shake off her headache. Maybe some medicine would help some? Kaji shook her head, they never helped her. She would just be better just dealing with it then falling dead asleep in class.

"Kaji-chan," the red haired girl was a bit startled by the call of her name. Well apparently her senses are also lowered when she feels like shit. Kaji almost forgot that Karma and her practically take the same path for school.

"What?" Kaji asked, she had an idea that Karma wanted to know something. Karma's amber gaze was fixed on Kaji, almost like a hawks powerful gaze. He seemed to be, studying her.

"It's showing on my face, isn't it?" Kaji asked. Her question seemed to puzzle Karma a bit. She always enjoyed seeing him confused for some reason. "I feel like shit, so I probably look like it too."

Karma chuckled, "Your eyes show it all." Kaji isn't too surprised. Kaji continued on her way, but she felt sudden hands on her shoulders. Spinning her around and pushing her forward, back in the direction of where she came from.

"If your sick," Karma said as he pushed her onward. "You should go home." Kaji tried to dig her heels into the ground but her legs were wobbly and Karma was pretty strong all together too. "I can even walk you home," his playful tons really showed through then. Even if Kaji feels like crap, it's not very hard to pick out Karma's different voices.

"Like hell I'm going to let you know where I live," Kaji snapped. Karma chuckled as he continued to push Kaji along.

"Just go home," Karma said, giving Kaji one last push. "But-"

"No buts!" Karma cut in, really just pissing off Kaji in the process. "Your sick now go home!" He sounded like a mother worrying about her child. She couldn't tell if that was intently or not. Her icy eyes glared up at him amber one. She hated how tall he was compared to her. She hated the look that was reflecting in his amber eyes. One that showed that he would even drag her to to own house and lock her in.

Kaji sighed, "Fine," she mumbled under her breath. She quickly spun around on her heels and continued back the way she had came. Even if she couldn't see him, Kaji knew how pleased Karma was with himself right about now.

~

The sky dark with heavy clouds as a light blanket of snow covered the ground. Kaji's breath could be seen in the air before it whisked away. Her feet crunched as they touched the snow. Even with the cold air all around her, Kaji wasn't too bothered by it. What bothered her was the large man that she followed behind. The one with the icy eyes even more cold than her own.

There was a sudden jolt in the air. One that made Kaji flinch. One of the two men that had been on ether side of Kaji, one was gone. Laying in front of the icy eyed man in front of her. With a knife jammed into his chest. With his blood turing the white snow a ere scarlet.

"Kaji," his husky German tone cut through the cold air so easily. "töte ihn. (Kill him)." His cut gaze rested on the renaming man, who's face was frozen in fear.

Kaji gazed over at him. Studying all his features and the fear that filled his eyes. "Warum? (Why?)." Kaji wished she hadn't said that. She has no idea how she even said that. She felt a hand grip her red hair tightly, forcing her to gaze up into the cold cold eyes of her father. She winced ever so slightly as she stared into his eyes, feeling her feet barely grazing the ground. She felt like she could fall into them, and drown in a ice filled pool.

"töte ihn. (Kill him)." His voice was much more harsh now. He threw Kaji aside like some sort of doll. Kaji took a single moment to catch her breath, before she reached back and drew her sword. In one quick monition, Kaji swung her sword across the man's chest, watching as his blood scattered all over the once white snow. His corpse now frozen in fear.

Are you proud of me?

Kaji gazed back over at her father. Meeting his icy eyes for one all on her own.

Are you proud of me?

He took his hands out from his pockets, holding his arms out wide. Kaji felt her muscles tense, wondering what he was planning.

"Schlag mich (strike me)."

Kaji felt herself flinch. Why would he even ask her that? Her icy orbs gazed at the man, he left a wide opening. Just what was he planning.

Kaji shifted her feet in the snow, she quickly dashed for her own father. Raising her sword to strike him down. The man quickly drew a small dagger, blocking Kaji's sword. He raised his legs and struck Kaji's stomach with all his might. Kaji coughed, bringing blood along with it. She fell to the ground, clutching her stomach as blood ran down her chin.

"Again," he now spoke with a harsh tone.

Kaji gazed up at him, her eyes gleaming icy blue, almost matching her own fathers. She quickly jammed her blade towards his shoulder. But she over shot it, missing it only barely. Kaji stunned even herself, she missed? She never missed.

He twisted the dagger around his fingers before he jammed it into Kaji's shoulder. Kaji coughed up more blood as her whole body was now warm from her own blood. She bit back her tongue, wanting to just cry out in pain, but that would only make things worse for her.

She reached up and yanked the dagger out of her shoulder. Luckily he had barely missed a vital spot, like he always did. Kaji let out a large gasp of breath as she clutched her shoulder. She knew she would be fine, she's had injuries worse than this before, but it seemed to hurt even worse. She already had to deal with having her father's cold eyes for the rest of her life, why give her another scar?

"hasst du mich? (Do you hate me?)" he sounded more demanding then just simply asking a question.

"Nein," Kaji replied. Her tilted her head up to gaze into his eyes. Her own icy orbs dark and gleaming with bloodlust. "Ich verachte dich Vater (I despise you, father)"

His dark eyes glared down at her own. Piercing through Kaji's own eyes. In a instant, her raised his foot and kicked her stomach with much might once again.

Kaji's eyes flew open as she shot up from her bed. Her eyes were full of fear and she was drenched in cold sweat. Soon followed by a short coughing fit. Half expecting, no she really was expecting to be coughing up blood. Kaji's own body was on fire and her breaths caught in her throat. Kaji could even feel herself shaking.

Was she really that scared of her father? She hadn't seen him in almost 2 years. But these dreams of her's, they felt so real. Her whole life felt like a dream. Being in class-E and being, happy. Like she would wake up any moment and she would be back at her father's side covered in blood.

A small meow cut into Kaji's shaky thoughts. She watched as Foriá scrambled up the side of the bed. The tiny cat sat himself right in front of Kaji. His green eyes stared up at her, looking like he was asking, what's wrong?

Kaji reached up and grabbed the cat, holding him close to her chest. "You need to release your chains from your father." Korosensei's words seemed to echoing around her head. She lowered her head, her red hair covering up most of her face along with Foriá.

"I'm trying," she mumbled, "but it's hard to cut those ties."