Chapter Twenty-Nine || We Got To Get Out Of Here

"Love. Oh, how you make fools out of us".

- K. Azizian

Charlotte and Ed stepped out of the elevator and the wall slid back to its place to hide the secret passage to the horrible basement

Charlotte and Ed stepped out of the elevator and the wall slid back to its place to hide the secret passage to the horrible basement. Both of them were still shocked by what they had seen down there. Not even a word escaped their mouth and they just looked around the hallway.

It wasn't the same hallway they had found the elevator because this time there were two doors in and out of there. The couple walked towards one of the doors still feeling disoriented, when a voice called from behind them.

"Hey, hey! What are you two doing out of your cells?"

They looked back like a deer caught in headlights. A dark-skinned guard stood in front of them with a stern look. Charlotte wasn't even able to find words to tell the guard, but luckily Ed managed to found some innocent words to say.

"Big mistake. Sorry, my bad," he said while pointing at himself. "We just got lost. Escort us back, would you?"

Once they took a step towards the guard, the expression on his face went from stern to apprehensive and he instinctively took a step back. He calmed down and grabbed their forearms to lead them to their cells.

"Thank you," Charlotte and Ed said simultaneously.

When he arrived at cell 'C-144' where he was supposed to drop off Ed, the guard received a call through the walkie-talkie. Another guard was asking for his help on a situation going on at Ward D.

"You wait here," the guard said to Charlotte and then shut her in the same cell as Ed. "I'll be coming back in a minute to take you back to your cell".

"Okay," that was the only thing Charlotte managed to say in reply.

As soon as the man walked away, Ed blew out some air and shook his hands before sitting down on the side of his bed. Charlotte sat beside him and stared at the wall in front of her with wide eyes, her heart still beating fast.

"So that just happened," the blonde said as she recalled the monsters she had seen in Indian Hill just a few minutes ago.

"Pinch me so I know I'm not dreaming," Ed asked her. She looked away from the wall and pinched Ed on the back of his neck. He jumped and turned to her with wide eyes. "Ooow!"

"Sorry," she apologized and then planted a soft kiss on the back of his neck where she had pinched him.

Ed's muscles relaxed slightly at the touch of her lips on his skin. "We've got to get out of here".

Charlotte agreed and both of them just sat there thinking of a way to escape that looney bin. Out of nowhere, a few strands of Charlotte's blonde hair fell on her face and she placed them behind her ear. Not long after, another strand of hair slid in front of her eye. She put it back behind her ear again, but she could feel a breeze against her hand as she did so.