Chapter Seventeen || My Bloody Valentine

A/N: @PrincessBlue245 suggested me to write a Valentine's day chapter for this story, so here it is. I hope you all like it <3

"I look at you, and I just love you, and it terrifies me.

It terrifies me what I would do for you."

On the next few days, chaos littered Gotham

On the next few days, chaos littered Gotham. This time it was because of the death of a police officer named Parks, who was killed by Eduardo Flamingo. This guy had attacked Jim Gordon and when Parks was taking him to his cell, he bitted her neck. She bled out on the spot. Parks was one of the youngest people working at the GCPD and only worked there for a year.

But that wasn't all. A man had been found by the port with his throat cut from ear to ear. The victim was known to be a low life criminal and had just tried to attack a woman before he was taken. The woman said her attacker vanished along with a monk.

'Only in Gotham,' Charlotte thought.

"The woman who was attacked yesterday stated that the monk vanished with her attacker," Ed said. The two were going over the case on one of the desks on the top floor of the precinct.

Charlotte made a confused expression. "But isn't that street a dead end?"

Ed smiled at the idea of a puzzle that needed to be solved right away.

Then they both realized the answer to the mystery. The answer was actually quite simple. They were certain that even Gordon and Bullock could solve it on their own.

"The sewers!" They exclaimed at the same time.

Ed smirked at the thought of the two homicide Detectives going through the sewers. What a great day to spend Valentine's day. "Something tells me Detective Gordon and Bullock are not gonna have a good day".

Charlotte smirked as well. She had missed the companionship she used to have with Ed. At least now things seemed to be getting back to normal.

The blonde had been a bit distant after she stabbed Mr. Leonard, but she appeared to be feeling better. Sometimes she would feel hyper and then she would be sad. Charlotte just hoped her mood swings didn't mean what she thought they did.

'No, I'm fine,' she would say to herself when those thoughts clouded her mind. She couldn't allow herself to be so negative. She was fine. There was nothing wrong with her.

Charlotte's thoughts were interrupted by Ed's phone ringing. Ed answered and once he heard the person on the other side, he rolled his eyes. Charlotte immediately knew who was calling. It had to be Oswald. They had given him their phone numbers in case of an emergency. However, he had already called Charlotte because the bathroom's door wasn't opening. According to him, that was an emergency.

"Again?" Ed sighed in annoyance. "Did you try jiggling the handle?"

Ed paused and sent an exhausted look towards Charlotte. She just shrugged at him. She had heard Oswald last time so now it was Ed's turn to put up with him.