FORGIVENESS || YOURSELF & OTHERS

Video Above: Matthew West - Forgiveness

Forgiving yourself is the best way to tell God thanks for forgiving you.

It is perfectly fine to be guilty— for a while. We are humans and we have a tendency to get remorseful over the simplest of things but at some point we have to let go. Letting go off resentment and guilt is the fastest and easiest way to live a happy life.

What have you done in your past that is currently buried in your heart?

Whatever it is, remember your heart is not a garden of remembrance; definitely not a graveyard.
In order to make the best of life you have to move forward and it is not possible to do so effectively while you are reminiscing on the things of old.

Isaiah 43:18 ~ Do not remember the past events, pay no attention to things of old.

Forgiveness is free and if it had a cost, it certainly would be cheap. It it harmless and when utilized, it only makes the victim lighter —one less burden to carry.

If a person is repeatedly doing you wrong, continue to forgive them. There's no such thing as first and second chances or being hurt too many times. What if God decides to limit the amount of time he forgive us? We would perish in style.

It is said that we should do unto others as we would like them do unto us. In this case, we should forgive as much as we would like to be forgiven.

Matthew 18:21-22 ~ Then Peter came to Jesus and asked, "Lord, how many times shall I forgive my brother and sister who sins against me? Up to seven times?"

Jesus answered, "I tell you, not seven times but seventy times seven."