THINK WIN WIN

Video Above: Think Win Win || Habit 4

I initially got this title from a book entitled 'The Seven Habits of Highly Effective Teens— Sean Covey.

If you haven't already, please get it. Apart from book stores, Amazon and Audible; it is available online in PDF format.

__________________________________

Senario 1 || Win-Lose

Samantha: Hi Sarah! Were you at school yesterday? I had a cough and was urged to stay home.

Sarah: Hi Samantha! Yes I was at school. It was great! Miss. Joy slapped Chris after he refused to hand in the stolen phone. Then, Miss. Beverley nearly slipped in her heels and you know Principal Fernando amazed us with his new lyrics at our morning devotion. You missed a lot!

Later in class.

Teacher: Please take your essays to my desk, please.

*Everyone takes out their essays except Samantha.*

Teachers: Sam, didn't Sarah inform you about the essay.

Samantha: No miss. She didn't. Sarah why didn't you tell me that part?

Sarah's Thought: Because you would get a better score than me. What else?

Sarah: Uhm— I forgot. So sorry.

Senario 2 || Win-Win

Sarah: Hi Samantha. Missed you at school today. A lot of things happened but I'll update you tomorrow, for now just complete the following essay for Sociology class. I will send you the notes immediately after this.

Samantha: Thank you so much Sarah. You're really a good friend.

The following day everyone turns up with essays, including Samantha, who got the second highest score; Sarah got the highest.

____________________________________

In a competitive society as this, it is very difficult to think Win-Win. Almost everyone wants to do and be better than everyone else.

Frankly, a little competition can be useful but only if it is utilized correctly.

Don't think Win-Lose. Sarah did that in the first senario because she wanted to get a higher score than Samantha and possibly the rest of the class.

Be kind, be caring, be helpful.

Stand in the gap during the absence of others and play your role as a relative, classmate, colleague or friend.

Only selfish people think Win-Lose. Sad to say but we all have a little selfishness within, just don't let it drive you.

Don't push others off the ladder so that you can reach the top, climb and pull others with you. Especially those who aren't as good at climbing.

In the race of life, there is a trophy for everyone. No one will steal it and even if they try, they won't be able to, because it is custom made.

You can do it. Think Win-Win and share the winnings with someone else. Anyone else.

Biblical Wisdom: Hebrews 13:1