Chapter 31

READ A/N AT THE END OKAY ILY THANKS

Sandra's POV:

This was all so confusing, yet thrilling. My mind was racing, my heart was racing and I just felt so alive. Harry is here and he is safe, but most importantly, alive.

His body is underneath mine, since I am sitting in his lap, and our hands are intertwined. My head is tucked into the crook of his neck so his head lays across mine. His curls are so soft and keep tickling my cheek and the air escaping his nose is warm. I close my eyes and just snuggle closer to Harry.

"So, you ready to hear what happened?" Chris starts.

I open my eyes and give him a small nod.

"Okay, so I guess we can start with that night...?"

I close my eyes again and hum in response.

Harry begins to talk,"When she came into the house I tried to stop her but she knocked me out. There was a lot of blood and I could hear you two fighting upstairs but I couldn't move at all and I thought I was going to die. I swear I would have done something to help you but I really couldn't move."

His voice is rough in my ear, course for each word. He sounds tired.

"The police came to our house and found me on the floor, almost dead," he mumbled. I started to stroke his hand, making small circular motions.

"So much blood came out of my head that it dried my curls to the floor," he laughed weakly.

"Took two officers to pry my head from the ground." He shook his head.

I felt my throat tighten, the urge to cry strong. My poor Harry, I could have lost him.

"They said my skin was so blue and an ashy gray color, I lost way to much blood."

"And at that exact moment we showed up," Zayn began.

Chris nodded slowly beside him.

"We came to apologize for all the fucked up shit that we've done to you. It was absolutely disgusting. We let something so stupid and our own needs turn us into monsters and destroyed something beautiful..." he muttered.

"Yeah, and we don't expect you to just forgive us, we understand. Just had to let you know how we feel and that we will never do anything like that again, ever."

"Sorry we broke you and tore you up and made you feel like shit."

My heart twisted at their words. I felt anger surface my emotions and I felt like I wanted to cry.

Zayn started to cry and excused himself.

"Anyways," Chris began,"thats when we offered to drive Harry to the hospital and saved his life."

Harry leaned in closer to me and kissed my head.

"M'grateful, for them, they also saved you too," he spoke softly.

"Me?"

"Yeah, we found out where your mom took you and managed to get you and keep you alive and safe. We rang up the police and they found her dead, she overdosed."

I nodded my head slowly. This was a lot to take in. Is it sick to say that I was relived she was dead? That she wouldn't lay a finger on me anymore and I was grateful? But at the same time it hurt because no matter how much she abused me and verbally hurt me, she still was my mom. I had no parents now, so that hurt, a lot.

"Thank you," I managed to whisper. Harry pulled me closer to him and began to rock me in his lap. It didn't register that I was crying until Harry wiped the warm tears away from my face. They were hot and I let a small sob rack my body. It was just too much to take in right now, and I just wished I could have lived an easy life.