Chapter 2

Sandra's POV:

I hate that damn bell and I hate this hellhole. I hear the footsteps already, echoing in my ears, making me cringe. Then I fell punch on my lower back, causing me to gasp for air, and stagger a bit on my feet.

"Miss me?"

I shiver at the words Chris whispers into my ear. He was the one that started all of this hell, he was my biggest bully. He broke my arm last year and my leg, he never went one day without bringing me pain, and I despise him for it. I don't answer because I'm afraid of what he will say.

After a long few seconds, I feel my head being shoved into my locker. A constant pounding of my skull hitting the hard metal. My head aches and I just scream.

I keep screaming and tears start to escape my eyes.

My neck is flung back and forth and laughter fills the hallways.

I hear the small crowd cheering Chris on.

"Just kill her she deserves to die!"

"Wow! Hit her fat-ass head harder!"

"WAY TO GO CHRIS!!!!!"

My head is now on fire and I put up no fight with Chris. I'm like a doll being thrown around.

I feel my neck being released and I crumple to the ground. Stars dancing around my vision along with huge black spots. I just sit there, ignoring the constant laughing. I slowly bring my head up and crawl up the wall. I garb my books and bag that were tossed on the ground and make my way to first period.

I hold on to the wall for my life, trying to get the hallways to stop spinning. A constant thump is making me ears ring and I let out a painful moan. My feet are gliding across the floor and I can't even feel my head anymore.

I finally walk into first period and everyone laughs. I sit down at my desk all alone in the back of the classroom. I put my head in my hands.

I see the teacher out of the corner of my eye high-five Chris and then point at my laughing. My life sucks.

The day went on worse then usual. I couldn't wait until lunch so I could hid in the bathroom.

The 6th period bell rang and I ran through the hallways, avoiding everyone and their laughter. My head was still stinging from the beginning of the day and I just it needed to escape the laughter and tormenting.

I went into the bathroom that no one usually goes in, since it was known as my bathroom. Ever since I went in it one time four years ago, nobody ever goes in it.

I go into an empty stall and close the toilet seat, slowly bringing myself to sit on top of it.I bring my legs up and just hold myself. I start to hyperventilate and for the first time that day I just break down.

The tears refuse to stop and just roll down my face making my cheeks really wet. I've always wondered, why me? Why do I have to be the one to suffer? Why do I have to go through all the pain?

Sometimes I think it's time to give up, sometimes I think to just let it go, let me go. But something inside of me has been telling me to hold on a little longer, to fight the pain a little longer, so I have. And I hope, something is going to brighten up my day and make me smile again.

I calm myself down by counting to 10 and singing my favorite song,"Isn't She Lovely," by Stevie Wonders.

I sing the lyrics with a shaky, yet strong voice and I grip my knees tighter. I unlock the bathroom stall only to hear a the door being creaked open, leaving me shocked.

I see a head of chocolate curls through the crack of the bathroom doors. Someone is spying on me.

I slam the bathroom stall with a bang and the door shuts right away, and I hear feet scrambling down the hallway.
I try to shake it off while I re-apply my foundation in the bathroom mirror.

But the thought of someone listening to me sing, and invading my privacy is driving me crazy.

Who was that?