Chapter 23

Chapter 23

"I am your mate, Arielle," I said with shock laced in my voice.

"I don't have a mate and my mate will be no weak human girl like you or a criminal at that," Ace spat with distaste.

"But you told me yourself. Is this some kind of a joke to you because it isn't funny Ace! What has gotten into you? You were fine before I had the surgery. Did something happen?" I ask edfrantically.

"You may have been able to talk like that to the witches but here you don't talk like that to someone more powerful than you."

He opened his left arm and held still as if waiting for something. The soldier that was standing beside him, handed Ace keys. Ace took the keys and slowly unlocked the cell.

I back away form the entrance. I looked to my left to see the horror stricken face of the old lady. When she caught me staring and she quickly put her head down. My left leg hit the bed. I was too scared to look back so I keep looking forward.

Ace looked at me with his red eyes. His eyes held power and determination. My eyes started to sting but I remembered my earlier my words never give up on life, no matter what!
I closed my eyes until I felt my eyes are no longer watery.

"Now I am going to ask you questions and you will answer me. Got it?" he asked me.

"Or you could tell what is going on," I said with new found confidence. I walked towards him until I am two feet away from him. I look into his eyes to see a hint of black in the middle. No emotion is on his face. His hands clenched into fists as if he is fighting something.

"Stop it!" he said as his eyes turned a darker shade of red.

"Stop what?" I asked as I looked behind Ace to see the soldier glaring at me.

"This is the last time I will ask you. You stop whatever you are doing or else you will regret very much," he said emphasizing the last two words.

"What should I stop? I will gladly stop if I know what you are talking about?" I raised my hands in
frustration.

"That's it. You! I want a witch in this room right now!" Ace commanded looking at me. The soldier quickly ran away. The sound of his footsteps getting lower and lower as he went further away.

"What happened to you?" I asked with concern. I walked over to Ace and raised my hand to touch his right cheek but he quickly grabbed it before I could touch his cheek.

Sparks flew when our hands touch each other. I felt a shock wave run through my right hand. Before I could do anything else he grips my wrist tightly holding it in place.

"What are you doing?" Ace asked. His eyes were full of fury.

"I was just going to," I started to say but cut off when I realized I didn't have a reason for what I did.

"You were going to what?" he asked letting go off my wrist and crossed his arms over his chest. His red orbs stared down at me intensely. Before I had time to think of an excuse of what I was about to do the soldier returned with a man beside him. The man was wearing a white clock which hid his face. He was wearing red gloves on both his hands.

"Sir how can I be of service?" the witch asked bowing his head down in respect.

"I want you to find out what spell this witch has done to make her smell and feel human."

"Yes, sir. I don't want to offend you but I am advising you to take a few steps back as you might get hurt," the witch said rubbing both his hands together.

The man pulled the clock down and took out his gloves and held his hands out towards me. His arms were stretched as much as he could and his hands were spread open.

"Atklāt sevi! Atklāj spēju, kas saistās jums kopā kā cilvēku. Atklāt sevi!" the man said as dark smoke came out of his blue eyes. The smoke started to crawl towards me. I looked towards Ace to see him staring at me intently. I looked back towards the smoke to see it is two feet away. I moved to the right of the cell. I watched the smoke stop and turn towards the right side. I crept backward until I felt the back of the cell bars. I swallowed a lump in my throat.

I looked back at Ace and then the soldier who were both as still as a statue and they both were staring at me. I watched the smoke crawl its way to me. I slowly move right. My steps were slow and gentle as if any sound I made would make the smoke move faster. I look down at the floor. Through the dim light, I could see lots of scratches of something.

'Stop trying to avoid the situation. It isn't going to help!' the voice inside me said.

Too afraid to ask any further questions I did as she asked and turned my head around. I saw nothing. I stopped walking and turned my body fully around. Still, I didn't see the smoke. I scrunched my eyes and saw the witch in the same position from the last time I had seen him.

I took a step forward, careful in case of any surprise attack. I scrunched my eyes again and see the smoke going upwards towards the ceiling. The smoke was going in my direction but I don't see it. I turned in a circle but still don't see it. I looked up into the ceiling and saw the smoke right above my head.

Before I could move the smoke entered me. My body was paralyzed. I felt a chill go over my body. If I wasn't paralyzed I would have shivered.

I felt emptiness. I looked around me to see Ace and the soldier looking at me as if expecting me to do something. Suddenly I slapped myself. I moved my right hand to my stinging cheek. I felt my right hand leave my left cheek and slapped my right cheek. I tried to control my hands but all I felt was numbness.

Abruptly I was thrown against the wall. I felt a burning sensation travel it way around my whole body. My body was already very weak from the surgery and what happened now just made my body much weaker.

"Stop!" I screamed out, "Please stop! Ace, please."

I pleaded with my eyes. I felt my body being lifted from the ground and into the air. My bare skin touched the rough wall. I glanced down to see that I was two feet off the ground. Something burned against my neck. I turned my head to the side as if that will make it go away. It doesn't, the burning sensation was still there. I sensed the burning sensation get hotter. I tried to move my body but I can't. It was as if I was stuck to the wall by an imaginary force.

Before I could think any further a familiar voice shouts out, "What is going on here?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi everyone!

So sorry to keep you all wating! I have been going back the earlier chapter and editing it.

Hope you enjoyed this chapter!

Who do you think the person is? Do you think the person will save Arielle? What do you think is wrong with Ace?

Love to hear your feedback!

What do you think of the new cover?

Not edited!!

Dedication - panamal

Vote Goal - 10 Or Update -- Monday- Sunday

Remeber to VOTE

Comment

Follow

ttbmbff