•21• Deep Down I Knew

Brian's PoV
I instantly regretted saying that. I felt ashamed and guilty. I saw tears in Sal's eyes. I suddenly realized what I had done. I felt tears come out off my eyes. The tears rolled down my cheeks.

"I'm sorry Sal. I didn't mean to do it." I choked the words out. I just stood there and used his sleeves to wiped his tears. "Sure you didn't." He said. I tried to hug him but he pushed me away. Sal left and I was left under the tree. I cried and sobbed at my stupid mistake.
~~~~~
We having prom but I don't have anyone to go with. Joe's going with Bessie and James is going with Casey obviously. I guess I'll just go by myself. Kyle has a girlfriend and he's taking her. Joe ran up to me.

"Hey Brian." Joe said. "Hey Joe. Where are James and Casey?" I asked him. "Oh um. They are in the library.." Joe said. "Oh thanks Joe!" I said.

"They are with Sal." Joe finished the sentence. I stopped dead in my tracks but still headed to the library. I knew what I did to Sal was wrong. I just hoped he forgave me.

Sal's PoV
I sat on the tables in the library with Casey and James. So they started to chuckle. I was confused but didn't care at the same time.

"So Sal. Who are going to the prom with?" Casey asked me while laughing. I shrugged my shoulders. "Is Brian going with you?" James said. I looked at them. They continued laughing. "I'm not going with him." I said.

"Yeah you are!" James said. I just got pissed and screamed at him. "I'm not! Alright!" I got my books and left. They knew they fucked up. But deep down I knew, I wanted to go with him. I left the library and stopped dead in my tracks as the person in front of me blocked my way by mistake.

Their face was close to mine. Our noses touched. "Oh I'm sorry." The person said. I knew that voice. I looked at the person. Wow, what a pleasant surprise.

Brian blocked the door by accident.