·16·

MinSeo

'This? No.' I laughed it off and looked at him.

'Jagi, I read it already. Why didn't you tell me?' He was crying and I told myself not to. I held his face with my right hand and wiped his tears away. 'I couldn't. I can't bring myself to tell you this. It hurts. Here.' I pointed to my heart.

'We are going to get through this together. I promise.' He pulled me into a hug.

'I had to tell you. I'm not going through the treatments. That would be the last thing I'll ever do. Please, don't tell anyone yet. Just not yet.' I kissed his cheek before holding his hand.

'I understand. Just stay close to me, alright? I'll protect you.' He wiped his tears away and smiled.

I just wished that I could stay with him like this forever, not going anywhere. He held me in his arms as we laid down on his bed together. I then told him about Appa and everything.

He then helped me out with preparing dinner. Bulgogi and fermented bean soup. I took out some spring onion and tofu from the fridge before closing the door. He then passed me the chopping board and the knife before standing beside me.

'Fermented bean soup?' He asked with a smile.

'Ye.' I continued cutting then cooked the dishes before sitting down to eat with him since, Mingyu went out with the rests and Joshua stayed in to rest.

We laughed and talked over dinner and cleaned up together before we decided to wear our matching hoodies to go for a night walk towards the convenience store.

We held hands and met some fans on the way but declined their request of taking a photo since we really needed some private time.

'I want chips.' I requested as we stood by the shelves.

'Nope. You need something healthy to keep the little energy of yours. Instead of chips, fruit chips?' He held up a bag of dried banana chips and asked.

'Nope. Banana Milk at least?'

'Alright.' He smiled before putting two bottles of banana milk into the basket which he filled up with some packets of ramyun.

We then paid for the items before going out of the convenience store. He then took out the banana milk and poked the top with a straw before passing it to me.

We then drank the drink together and talked while we continued walking back to the dorm. Something just had to spoil the moment. I felt a drop of warm liquid flowing down from my nose.

'Your nose is bleeding! Omo!' Just immediately, he dropped the banana milk that he was holding and used his hand to pinch my nose.

'Gwenchana. Gwenchana.' I held his hand as I wiped the blood from my nose. He then gave me a tissue to fit it into my nostril to prevent the blood from leaking.

'Are you sure that you're alright?'

'Ye.' I smiled before picking up the bottle he dropped and threw away both.

Upon reaching home, we took off our hoodies and went to our separate rooms to sleep. Every morning, I would wake up, all sweaty and not being able to have proper meals. Each day, being strong started to get more and more difficult.

Nosebleeds and headaches started to be more and more often.

'Are you sure that you can go to the press conference?' Joshua asked with a worried expression.

'I'll be fine. I mean Unnie and Appa will be there with me. You will just be a call away. Everything will be fine, my dear.' I held his hand and hugged him before he put my coat on for me.

'Just give me a call after your event. I love you.' He kissed me before leaving the house with the rest and I was alone again to wait for my ride.

The van stopped in front of me before Hayeon unnie opened the door of the van.

'Let's get you prepared.' I was brought to my green room to put on my make-up before changing.

I then wore my shoes before the runner came in to inform me to go out of my green room.

'Good morning, MinSeo-ssi.' SeoEun smiled as her make-up artist was touching up her makeup.

'Good morning, SeoEun-ssi.' I bowed before the staff handed me the microphone.

'3. 2. 1. MinSeo and SeoEun, please enter.' The staff pulled up the curtain and the both of us entered separately.

'Annyeonghasayo, SeoEun-mida.' She bowed.

'Annyeonghasayo, MinSeo-mida.' I bowed before the claps came in.

'Please take a seat.' The host welcomed the both of us to the seating area.

After a few questions, we were asked to stand in the middle of the stage for a few pictures. We then put our blankets on the chairs before walking forward together.

'MinSeo! MinSeo! SeoEun! SeoEun!' Different screamings of our name could be heard from different directions.

The flashes were starting to blind my sight and before I knew, my head started spinning and I started to lose my balance.

'Shua-ya.' Before I knew, my face met the floor and everything went black.