"The Jerk" Cares About Josh

It's been a week since Junior's been coming over. He has eaten at our family table several times. He has gotten along with my family.

It was six in the morning and I woke up from my phone beeping. I got a text.

Who the hell texted me this morning?

I checked and it was from Junior.

J: Good morning Steph. Today is the day we say goodbye to Joshy.

Aw! how sweet. Is this really Junior Perez? He's "The Jerk". Why does he care about Josh? But it's cute that he cares about Josh.

I got up from my bed and I took a shower.

I got dressed into a black and white striped shirt and dark jeans. I put on my black uggs.

I put my hair in a fishtail braid. then, I applied on makeup: just white eyeshadow, black eyeliner over my eyelids, mascara, and red lipstick.

I went downstairs for breakfast. My mom was serving us scrambled eggs with bacon.

Suddenly, I get a text from Kim.

K: Steph, Steven is going to pick me up for now on.

S: Duh! I know he's your boyfriend. It's okay.

K: Ok girl. see you in school.

S: Yeah, see ya.

When I finished eating, Caro texted me to go pick her up.

I said goodbye to everyone.

Ten minutes later, I picked Caro up.

"I got big news!"

"What? Tell me!"

"You know Ricky Rantzen right?"

"Yeah. What about him?"

"Well, he likes me!"

"Really?"

"Yeah. He told me on Saturday at my house."

"That's cool. But, isn't he a bad boy?"

"Yeah he is! He's like Damon from The Vampire Diaries."

"Tell me everything."

"Well,he came over to my house on Saturday and we started working on our assignment."

"Mhm go on."

"Then he told me you want to know something? I told him yeah. Then he told me I always like you Caro. You're so pretty. I like how your personality is. You're the nicest sweet girl I've ever met. But I never got a chance to tell you until now that I got paired up with you in Ms. Desjardin class"

"Really?"

"Yeah, then I blushed and I asked him really? He told me yeah. Then we started talking and he told me that he would like to get to know me better."

"That's so cool Caro. I'm so happy for you! Now, I just need to find my Damon." I pouted.

"Don't worry, You'll find him."

We finally arrived to school, Junior was going to park where I was going to park.

"Go ahead!

"Thanks."

"That was nice of him."

"I know."

We went walking towards algebra.

"Since, when Junior is nice to you?"

"I don't know ever since he got paired up with me. He started to become nice to me. He apologized to me for calling me nerd."

"At least, he apologized to you. You don't think he likes you?"

"Junior likes me. haha you're funny Caro."

"Ok, But still you'll never know."

We got to algebra. Kim was sitting at her desk writing on her notebook.

"What's up my girls?"

"Nothing you?"

"Not much just happy." She had a big smile on her face.

"How's things going with Steven?"

"It's going good. I'm so happy with him."

"That's cool! I'm glad you're happy."

We started talking about what happened during the weekend until Mr. Cooper showed up.

"Hey class! Take your seats. Time for a pop quiz!"

Everyone started whining.

"Take one and pass it back."

"Shit! This sucks! Kim exclaimed.

"I know right!"

"No talking!"

Then we got started on the test. I felt that time was going slow. That's how I feel when I'm taking a test.

I just kept hearing the clock going tick tock on me. I just wanted to say Shut up clock! It frustrates me.

Finally, the bell rang to go to lunch.

"Times up, pass your tests to the front."

We passed our tests to the front. I grabbed my stuff and we left algebra.