Scene Eleven

I dashed backwards and raised my blade blocking Nolan’s downward swing, Anguish’s tentacles shot out of my back and solidified into red crystal, we skewered Nolan through his torso, and stabbed him and tore him apart; his blood sprayed over us in an inky shower of gore, and it was pathetic… I expected so much more… we wanted him to suffer, not give him the graceful exit of massacre. Luckily: good news there was more Nolan’s to kill, bad news there were more Nolan’s to kill! I sat down and let a swath of crystal tentacles come out of my back, I skewered everything that moved; it was bloodbath I had waited so long for, with all the copies out of the picture the fog of darkness cleared out with the thistles under our feet stabbing through the dark cloud. I was amazed we satiated our bloodlust in such short time, I considered it a miracle… then it came to me this meal had one more delicious morsel left: the real Nolan… the superior original, his skill stood above all his light and shadow constructs; the ring of our match was a bloody mess, I intend to devour him and make a mess of him as well, this sickening vibe was from the man I had admired so much; that’s why I want to kill him, he sat in front of me in the lotus position; despite the insanity that had consumed him, his demeanor was calm and peaceful.  Our guardians went away for the time being, leaving us; I noticed something different inside Nolan, or to be more accurate I found the thing I had been trying to save: “don’t get any ideas about saving this fucker, it could be a trick”. Anguish and I were thinking the same thing, knowing my friend is sociopathic homicidal maniac, so he could be faking the entire thing and try to trick us into lowering our guard, but we both knew that this time… for once, he was truly in need of our help. “Fine, but he better be house broken or I’m blowing a fuse”. “Thank you, for understanding”. “We’re the ultimate killer, not the ultimate nanny; now how are going to do this”? I stood and put away my sword, I slowly approached him; he sat completely still, “You’re fucking crazy, you know that you’ll get us killed”. “Shut up, he’ll listen to reason… I’m sure of it”. I sat down in front of him, and Nolan greeted me with a smile from his human face… there were no more signs of sickness, no heavy lines that signified aging; “This disease… everyday it kills me slowly”, it had three years since I last saw him: this coming Tuesday he would be twenty-seven years old, his face had regained some of its youth. “But it has made stronger than ever”, he coughed out… “I feel as if I am to live again”. As I stared into his old eyes, he touched my face with his hand; “Save me”. His faced flashed in an explosion of light and I woke up back home or what was left of it, even though the building was annihilated I still remained kneeling in the lobby with open night sky above me… as I got of my knees and saw the Nolan I remembered before he left me; what I saw in that vision was his psyche hoping to regain what it had lost, I saw a man made of light and dark, Nolan held Ashton by the throat and I heard his neck start to snap, at his feet I saw Lex cut down and missing one arm; around the home I saw the bloodied bodies of my friends and scattered flesh of their guardians, lying amongst the destroyed pieces of our home, all the things I’ve held precious are at risk tonight… in the broken wall in front of me I saw Astoria impaled to it by shards of light, something snapped and I had achieved complete insanity in this moment, Anguish is no more… we became Ragnarok. “No, I’ve lost everything because of you”! For a moment I’ve forgotten who I was and went berserk, I drew out six arms from my back and impaled them through his torso, I sliced off his right arm, the arm dropped to the ground as he let go of Ashton’s neck; … “Feel my Anguish, feel my hatred”! I cut him half and threw him out in the hallway of the seventh floor, my blades thrust themselves forward like a machinegun; I stabbed him through the gut over a hundred time in the blink of an eye, I kept on attacking over and over; I staked my arms into the wood floors and shot myself out the door, I dropkicked his healed body and completely demolished the hotel building as we flew out into the parking lot, until the adrenaline rush of my rage ran out; I kept stabbing his remains over and over. I knelt in the crater and in pool of blood and gore, I didn’t care if the bones stabbed into me I just starting eating the remains, with the taste of blood and raw flesh in my mouth my hair and eyes changed back to normal… I pulled my friends out the rubble and ruins of our home; realizing what I had done I wept and screamed at the top of my lungs; it swept over me for a terrifying moment I ate the flesh of patient zero and had lost my home again; I felt my blood vessels swell up, I could see my veins stressed to the point of bursting… my heart pulsed faster and faster, I became short of breath; I could still fully feel myself tearing apart… it became too much to bear, I had used all the strength I had left, I curled into a ball and felt the inky blood touch my skin as it soaked into  my clothes, I was turned on my back and I saw Nolan dressed in a heavily armored black combat suit, I looked at him and thought I was facing death. He dragged me onto flat ground, I saw his diaphanous white hair hide his eyes: one black and the other white… he smiled at me, “You’ve been a naughty little shit haven’t you”? “You got a lot of things to answer for”. He said with a maniacal laugh, “Consider this tough love, a little catch up shall we”? Nolan smiled as he bashed my face with the stock of his assault rifle, when my nose broke I passed out from the pain and exhaustion.