Scene Twenty-nine

It was kind of intimidating to face down a twelve foot tall suit of sentient golden armor, Damien roared like a beast and the arena fell silent. “Lex… embrace your destruction”! The ground flowed freely with his magic, blue shards of concentrated mana sparked to life under our feet; Damien broke off a stalagmite next to him and ate the crystal. I heard his metal teeth grate against each other as he swallowed the bits of mana, he wiped the blue smear on his mouth and I looked into his blazing eyes of fire; he let out a savage cry and manifested bull like horns of fire from his helm; from his chest plate the flames swirled around him as a cloak of fire. He rushed toward me and our fists slammed into each other; my hand cracked from hitting the metal gauntlet, I pulled back my bloodied hand and stepped back to dodge a claw swing toward my stomach. I rolled out of the way to avoid his shoulder charge, “Fuck… fuck… fuck”! I hopped around barely missing each continuous strike, we arrived back at the center of the ring with the field scattered with shards of blue stone. “You fool, mana is much harder to destroy”. Damien gathered the shards into his palms and cupped them forward; a perfect sphere of blue formed from the pebbles, he swung his arms like whips and manifested the mana like liquid sword slicing through the air like a madman. I caught the liquid in my hands and felt them sear from the immense heat, I faced Damien in the eye before head butting him; he staggered back and I punched away at his armor, it’s not possible for flesh to bend steel but it was happening; I felt Damien weaken as I hammered away at his defenses, his greatest weapon now became his greatest weakness. “Anti-magic eh”? Damien stepped back and rushed forward, with his hand stretched forward, a jet of fire propelled him forward and he cocked back his elbow; I bent my knees and went into a slide, the punch rocketed past me, Damien pulled back his arm and raised his leg; he slammed downward and I rolled out of the way. I caught the next fist and threw him over my shoulder with a judo throw, I placed my knee on his chest went for the knockdown hit; my fist slammed into his face plate, his mask cracked and Damien was pressed into the ground; a splash of fire hit me as dust flew everywhere as I pressed him deeper into a crater with my punches, I felt his hands clap around my ears; the smoke screen around us cleared. I staggered to my feet; my ears rang, I slumped over to dodge his first grab at my collar, I straightened up and was left wide open I felt his hands pierce my stomach, he dug in with his claws and grabbed my spine; I felt his hands grip my vertebra, Damien lifted me above his head and tore my body in half; I crawled toward the other piece of me, I felt a cold foot crush the top of my body; “I never understood what it meant to be mortal, so enlighten me worm”! I felt his foot crush my neck, he pulled up his leg and stomped down my skull, I was pounded into the ground; Damien crushed my head flat with the tenth stomp, wiping the bloody smear on his foot across the ground he kicked my lifeless body, tearing open my stomach and letting my guts spill out, he stomped on my guts and turned my insides into mincemeat. I gripped his ankle with my hand and y body slowly reformed, he stomped on me as I pulled myself together; my tissues formed back into my skin and reattached itself to my raw muscles. I pulled myself into a sitting position I faced Damien again as a living cadaver, “You’re not what say you are… why hide”? I stood on my feet and cracked my joints, “No one would forgive me if I cut loose… but today I’ll make an exception for you”. The earth cracked and pressed under our feet, I leveled the arena floor and my body coated itself with white illegible inscriptions; I teleported in front of Damien as he was about to rush me again, “Bow before me”. I grabbed his faceplate and forced him to the ground, I slammed him face first and smashed his shoulders into the ground next; I ripped open the back of his armor and pulled out his spirit, I throttled him before smashing him into the ground, the blue inferno cowered as battered away at him; I looked at him and saw the expression of despair crawl on his face. “Stand on your feet”. I placed him on the ground and threw my fist forward, with a falcon punch I sent Damien flying into the wall in front of me. I appeared in front of a scared little boy; I stopped my fist, when I realized it was a mirror image of who I was as a child; I grabbed Damien by the throat, in my eyes he morphed into my little sister Laura. She struggled and kicked as I clamped my hand around her throat, snap, I clenched my hand around her neck and it broke like a twig. “That’s not possible”. He coughed out as I tossed him to the ground, I smashed my fist into his face; I grabbed his head and smashed the back of his skull back into the ground. “You make me sick… people like you deserve to burn in hell, heretic… never impersonate my family again”! I stood above him; his spirit flickered dimly as I pulled out my pistol from earlier; I cocked the hammer, “Guilty”. I pulled the trigger, and blew off his left leg; the limb faded into dust as it was disconnected from his body. “Guilty”. I blew off his right leg with the second shot, “Guilty”. I blew off his right arm; “Guilty”, his left arm flew off his body, “Guilty”. I tore his torso in half with the fifth shot; “Guilty”! I blew his skull into bloody mess with the last shot, Damien’s flames slithered back together and he crawled back into his shell; I walked over to the shell as I heard his strained breathing as I saw him reach out toward his casing, I kicked over the shell and he placed himself back into his apparatus. He staggered up as the hole in his back closed shut; his knees buckled and he hunched over, Damien manifested a blue fur ball of fire on his tailbone and it flourished into nine scimitar like tails, he swung his tails forward and I parried them with my cestus’s as they shattered on contact. I manifested Euclid around my arm, I shot forward and punched Damien to the ground; his construct faded away and he fell on his knees, I formed Euclid as axe like tail and swung forward; I slammed Damien into the ground and positioned my tail over him like a guillotine. “Stay down”, I slashed downward cleaving his armor in half and ripping his spirit in two; my tail faded away, I looked at the score board four to five; the last match is worth two points, we still got a shot at this. “You… what are you”. Damien staggered back up, “Tell me this… why won’t you die”? “I cannot die, I am cursed to live in an endless cycle; the price for my power”. I stood in front of Damien and leaned into him, I wrapped my arms around him; “You hide behind this armor… you are scared, and insecure of the world; you’re just like me, before I thought of my life as a burden to myself and the world around me… I feared everything that is why I despised life. After meeting these people, I finally a found a reason to keep on living… I found my humanity again and it’s time for you to do the same”, “You might not be flesh and blood anymore but you still have your spirit; that’s more than what most can say, consider yourself lucky and live”. “What the hell do you know about me, shut up”! I let go and he stumbled forward, Damien collapsed on the ground and I looked at Ashton from where I stood; he gave me a thumbs up and grinned like an idiot. I owe you so much, my friend; win and let’s go home I’m sick of fighting.

I gave Lex a high-five and pat his back as I walked out to face Claire; she stood. Compared to the others, she was a complete beast in terms of strength, she was in a league of her own; her power was sinister, pure chaos… I stared into the maelstrom of a sadist that stood in front of me, a heavy aura of red flowed around her, her thoughts brought out storm clouds above us; they thundered and shot out black lightning bolts as blood poured from the sky, Claire stood in front of me; she wore a crimson ruffled button down long sleeve shirt, her skinny jeans made her figure popped out, sexy and deadly; the black widow. My jacket blew wildly in the howling winds, I looked into her deep blood red eyes; there was no more emotion only the will to kill anything in her path. Her blood crest manifested on her forehead, Claire the vampire queen versus me a street hood wannabe ninja, karma was never on my side… why start now; I drew my swords and faced down my opponent. Claire held her arm forward brandishing a rapier with a rose flower as a hand guard. “En garde”!  Claire thrust forward and in a flash I had a large gash on my chest, Claire stood behind me: “You don’t have a chance in hell of beating me… prepare to die”.