Scene Four

He cracked his knuckles and smashed his fist into the ground, I backstepped to dodge the blow; the impact of his fist glassed the ground; I dashed forward and grabbed his head, smashing my knee into his face, I used him as springboard and opened fire with my Uzi’s increasing the distance between us. He dashed backward dodging the bullets with impeccable agility, he aimed upward and took a shot; the round narrowly missed my body, I threw myself into a corkscrew and rocketed toward to my opponent; I extended my arms forward and pulled the triggers, sending forward a drill of lead, he put his arms in front to form a barrier; a wall of glass formed in front of him and absorbed the bullets, once I landed he placed his arms at his sides; the bullets dropped as the wall shattered into a million pieces. I ejected the empty magazines and holstered my Uzi’s, he took another shot at my head; I dashed forward and punched him in the face, the impact of my fist shook him to the core; he glared enraged at my retaliation, he shot a jab into my stomach and knocked the wind out of me, he kicked me the stomach and sent me backward; he aimed his pistol at my prostrate body, I scrambled up and ran into him, tackling him into the ground; I knocked the magnum out his hand and punched him in the face keeping him pinned to the ground, he grabbed my second fist and twisted my arm; before punching me in the sternum with his spare arm, I got to my feet clutching my chest; he stood up holstering his revolver, punching my gut; he kneed my face before throwing me to the ground, before I could react he stomped on my leg and pinned me to the ground with his boot; I drew a kunai from a sheathe in my pants, stabbing him in the hind leg, he staggered backward and I scrambled up twisting my leg back into place. I slugged his head with a haymaker, he hit the ground face first; I kicked for his face, he twisted to his side grabbing my leg and getting to a kneeling position he slammed me into the ground back first, he pulled the kunai out of his leg and stabbed my right calf; he drove the blade into the wound and dug around ripping the muscles in my foreleg. I kicked him in the left side of his head with my free leg knocking him ten feet away to my left, I quickly took out the knife; I sheathed the kunai wiping off the blood, reaching for my combat vest, I pulled out a syringe, I stabbed the needle into the wound, injecting the medicinal gel the wound closed leaving a patch of new muscle and skin in its place, I rolled to my side and scrambled up just in time to dodge a bullet, I pulled out the kunai and dashed forward right into the barrel; I ducked under and lifting up his arm I redirected the gun skyward, I stabbed him between the ribs; pulling out the knife I stabbed him in the small of his back, I stabbed him in the stomach, before kicking him to the ground, pulling out my blade from his falling body I sheathed my kunai, and drew my swords; “Let’s quit while we’re ahead, we both neither of us will make out of this at this rate”. I saw him rise to his feet, he took off his coat and armor revealing a body covered by old scars, and fresh wounds from today; he powered his gauntlets with his aura and put up his fists. “I won’t surrender”, he coughed out blood and dashed forward in a blur, swing his fists in tight focused punches he closed the distance between putting me on the defensive; my leg locked up from the earlier wound, seizing the opportunity he hit my chest with a series of jabs and straights, he finished with a uppercut and launched me off my feet; as I fell back in range he shot forward grabbing me, throwing me to the ground he slammed his fist into my chest forming a crater around us. My body went numb from the last blow, he hammered away driving me deeper into the ground; at the fifth hit I spat out blood and something inside me snapped, stopped his fists and punched him in the face and hit him three times in the chest and threw him off me, gripping my swords I stood up and leapt out of the crater, landing on him I staked my swords into his lungs and stabbed his throat with my kunai, cutting the artery blood splattered everywhere as I pulled out the blade, I drew out my blades from his body and watched as his wounds closed leaving scars in their place. He stood up, and dusted himself; “You’ve killed me, happy”? He said with his voice full of derision, putting his armor as the punctured material regrew, he shook off his coat and it became like new; draping it over his shoulders he looked at me with a look of disgust; “It’s your lucky day, since you were the only one who killed me; I’ll let you go, when you tell me your name”. “Ashton”. “I’m Lex the district chief, I’ll see you around firebrand”. We parted ways as Lex turned his back and walked toward the city precinct, and I sheathed my swords; he stopped and spoke, his voice echoed in the emptiness between us, “Next we meet in battle, you won’t be so lucky”. I walked away from this encounter, as his statement dug into me; his words cut deeper into me than any of the wounds he inflicted on my body, I walked on home; but there was a thought that bothered me more: today I’ve started on a new path, what the future holds I won’t know; but whatever I meet down the road, will be worse than what I’ve encountered today.

In an hour I’ve stood in front of an apartment complex; “home sweet home and it’s all mine”, I took the elevator up to my penthouse suite, and entered the glass double doors; hanging my coat on the rack, I took off my vest and placed it in the automated dumbwaiter to the armory with the rest of my mission gear; I went into my room, walked into a dresser I changed into a loose graphic t-shirt and board shorts, I walked out of my dresser and stepped into main master bedroom, I made up my bed and walked out the room to my office, I turned on the computer and went through my e-mail. In the inbox I saw a pending contract, attached to it was an application form to join my PMC. “I hope they know what they’re getting into”. I printed out the application form, and pinned it to the corkboard; I cashed in the completed contracts and filed them away in a portfolio, putting the binder with rest of the completed contracts, I changed out my shorts for a pair of jeans and I put on my brick red coat over my shirt, slipping on my sneaks; I locked my door and left for a night on the town. “First contract of the week, a blind dinner date with a succubus… this day just keeps getting better and better”.