Chapter 18- New york at the fullest

Katniss POV

I wake up and reach out my hand across the bed, expecting to find another body. Instead my hand just comes intact with the cold sheets. ' Hmm Peeta must have gone somewhere' I think. Today where spending the whole day to look around new york and have fun.

Its really cold here in New York, so i wrap the heavy blanket around my body and shuffle over towards the huge bathroom.

I take a long warm shower and wash my hair. by the time i get out the floor heating has completely warmed up the bathroom. Weird. I dry my body and hair before putting on my make up, doing my hair in a complicated flower braid and i walk out wrapping the towel around me.

But when i walk out peetas sitting on the bed next to a plate of eggs and bacon. He turns his head towards me and then his eyes almost pop out of there sockets.

"Ummmm.." He stutters turning away. I blush madly and grab my suitcase before going back into the bathroom.

Once in the bathroom i go through my suitcase and find my dark denim washed fitted skinny jeans, dark purple tight and my black high heeled ankle boots. I drag my suitcase back out of the bathroom and without glancing at peeta, i set it back to where it was.

"Sorry" I mumble sitting next to him on the bed.

"No, it was my fault i shouldn't of looked" Peeta says taking my hand. Thats something that i love about peeta, he never will admit that it was my fault, he just finds a way to blame himself.

"No Peeta. Stop. I shouldn't of gone out there with a towel on and i should of had my clothes in there already. I just didn't think at the time. It is not your fault." I scold, then changing the subject  "Is that yummy breakfast for me?"

Peeta nods "Yeah, i thought it would be nice for you to have breakfast in bed at least once, but when i came in your were in the shower"

i suddenly feel a little guilty. "Well...i know"

I lie down on the bed and out a blanket over me, I close my eyes, then pretend to just wake up."Good morning"

Peeta chuckles, then hands me the breakfast "Here you go sweetheart" He says

"Oh what a surprise" I joke giving him a loving good morning kiss.

"Your morning hair is superb, how do you get it like that?" Peeta laughs

.

"i know right" I say pretending to model it.

I eat my breakfast and make the bed. At 9:30 as planned we go downstairs and meet Finnick and annie in the lobby.

"Good morning" Annie says giving me a hug

"Hi Guys" I say, very happy.

"This morning i made a check list of things to do. First...." Annie says

"Empire sate building, times square, statue of liberty, madison square garden, American museum of natural history, central Park.   And i’ve booked us in for hair spray the musical at 6, so we have to back here by 5 at the most for us girls to get ready." Annie finishes, its going to be a fun day.

.................................Skip to central park....................

Annie and Finnick went off somewhere on a romantic walk, probably to the bagel stand if its finnick. So Peeta and i are sitting on the park bench next to the lake.

"So what do you want to do, Annie said to meet at the place where we came in, in 20 minutes." Peeta says lifting me onto his lap.

i giggle. "Oh i don't know do you want to stay here or go be bored by tourist attractions?"

"How about we go get food and then go past the tourist stuff on the way back okay?" Peeta suggests kissing my cheek lovingly

"That sounds perfect, just like you" I say and gently place his lips on mine. I feel his lips pull up into a smile.

My stomach starts rumble and i silently curse myself because peeta brakes the kiss "It sounds like my baby is hungry. lets go get some hotdogs" He says, and i get up from his comfortable lap.

We walk the 300 meters to the nearest hotdog stand and Peeta stands in line. After 2 people its his turn.

"Hello , what would you like?" The lady says from behind the stand

"Um.. can i have two hotdogs with tomato sauce no mustard please" Peeta sats. The lady gets our dogs

"That will be $5 thanks" She says while printing a receipt.

Peeta puts his hand in his back pocket, searching for his money. Peeta has been shouting me for the whole day. At lunch in the cafe and he even bought my statue of liberty soft toy. So before he can get out his money, i fish out $5 of my own and give it to the lady.

"Wha.." Peeta starts to say but i grab the hotdogs off the lady, say thank you and walk off chewing a bite of one.

He catches up to me and i give him the bitten hot dog cheekily "Here you go, sorry i was hungry" I tease

He smiles, then laughs "you know you didn’t have to pay, i was going to"

"No, you've paid for everything of mine. Plutarch gave us so much money that we spilt, and i haven't spent a thing" I say

"Thats not true, you paid for the chocolate bars at the petrol station" he points out chucking his finished hotdog wrapper in the bin. He kisses my cheek.

We walk around and look at stuff and before we know it its time to go meet Annie and Finnick.

Peeta starts to jog backwards "lets go for a run, first one to the entrance thingy "

"Okay, line up here" I i say pointing to the crack in the path, Peeta lines up and we take our marks.

"Ready, set"

"GO!"

With that i take off in front of peeta laughing, i sprint all the way to the front entrance and almost crash into Annie and Finnick while there making out

"Holy shit!" Finnick yells surprised

"Sorry" I pant

"Wheres Peeta?" Annie asked worried

"What? I thought he was like right behind me turning" I say

 But then we see Peeta running around the corner laughing.

"Slow poke" Finnick yells. When peeta finally reaches us annie suggests that we go back and get ready for Hair spray which starts in two hours.

When we get to our room, I let peeta quickly get changed and i kick him out when annie comes in with her suitcase. Were helping each other get ready for the musical. Were really exited, although i don’t know about the boys.