Chapter 8- Delly Cartright

Peeta's Pov

I literally stink at maths. I don't even know what a happy number is. I remember our seventh grade teacher spending two lessons on them but of course I wasn't even listening.

Katniss is perfect. She's smart, sexy, brave, modest, shy, nice and has a good taste in food. She isn't some skinny starving girl she's just the right weight and loves food. My Dream girl? Hell yes.

I was sure that Katniss had a boyfriend from back in Kentucky, but when she said yes to come over, all my worries flew out the window.

We made plans in English that we will both drive to Katniss house and she will drop of her bag and car there, then she will hop in mine.

My mother is in Melbourne, Australia for the week to visit Aunt Katy. She is my favorite sister out of Mother, Aunt Verrine and Aunt Amie.

I know that most kids love their mums the best, but in my house hold no one lives my Mother anymore. She beats us when we make a mistake. Even just a simple one. Last week she hit me twice with the frying pan in my side, just for accidentally dripping egg white on the floor.

Sometimes I get so close to punching her back, but then I remember that I can't hit a girl. Although sometimes I wish I could hit two girls square in the face. The first of course, my mother but the second is Delly Cartwright. She is the schools slut and goes around saying that I'm her boyfriend.

Ugh!

Speaking of Delly, the group and I are sitting at our table eating lunch when she stalks over. She tries to take the seat next to me but Finnick sticks out a foot, and trips her over.

We start to laugh, but Katniss quickly stands and rushes over to Delly.

"Oh my god! Are you alright?" She asks offering a hand to help Delly up

"Of course I'm alright. Go away! I don't need your help" Delly snaps and pushes Katniss's hand away.

She then stands up and brushes herself off, a bright colour of red appearing behind the layers of makeup she wears.

She fakes a smile and walks over in her eight inch heels.

"What are you stuck in the eighties?' Glimmer asks referring to what Delly is wearing.

Delly glares at her and looks down at her clothes. A Neon green tight short skirt and a loose purple crop top.

"Haha very funny Glimmer. You can always make people laugh at at what wearing" Delly retorts and then while everyone's distracted she quickly sits down next to me.

Ugh.

I shuffle over on the bench, trying to make as much space between Myself and Delly.

katniss stands up again, confused and a little rejected and sits back down next to Annie and Cato.

"Can someone tell me why your all being assholes to the girl?" Katniss asks

"That girl is Delly Cartwright, she's..." Clove starts

"I'm Delly Peeta's boyfriend of two years" Delly lies

I see Katniss's eyes go a little misty for a second, before I quickly say "You are not my boyfriend Delly and you never will be. You are just another slut of this school"

"Oh Peeta always joking about" Delly Dake laughs

I glare at her "I'm not joking Delly and you know it. so just fuck off"

Delly ignores my comment though and looks as Annie and Cato inform Katniss about Delly. She looks puzzled at first but then a smirk plays on her lips.

"So baby, I was thinking we could go out tonight on a date, go and watch a movie?" Delly suggests in her annoying put-on high voice.

"Hmm.. How about we don't! Besides I've got plans elsewhere" I say

"I'm sure you can cancel all plans, for your girlfriend," she remarks. Does she have to call herself my girlfriend. "Who have you got plans with anyway?"

I'm about to talk, when Katniss butts in

"That would be me. Sorry but Peeta can't cancel. But why don't you try another time. Hmmm let's see. What about never. How does that sound?" I give her a thankful look and she smiles back. Her thoughts in Delly changed from worried quickly.

"Oh. Who are you anyway?" Delly asks curling her hair in a annoying manner "I haven't seen you around".

"Katniss Everdeen. I'm new here. I haven't seen you around either. Are you really that unpopular?"

Delly drops her hair, clearly offended "Excuse me?"

"You heard me. Or do you need hearing aids. Don't worry you must need glasses if you cant see that Peeta is not your boyfriend, so they'll match perfectly" Katniss smirks, munching on a fri from her lunch.

Delly gets up and walks over to Katniss. Well waddles over to Katniss "I'm don't listen to fat, ugly girls Everdeen. Do you know what i do to fat, ugly,girls, I make there life hell. And from now on Katniss Everdeen, your one of those girls ."

"Id like to see you making her life miserable when she is in with the popular group" Finnick snorts

Delly throws a punch at katniss's jaw which katniss easily deflects and grabs Her hand and twists it slightly

Delly yelps before Katniss lets go saying "love. To. See. You. Try"

Delly sticks her nose in the air and storms back over to the table full of horny boys.

I stare at Katniss the rest of lunch admiring her. I think I'm starting to fall in love. After one day. And where me even together. Oh, god.

Hey guys, Autumn is finally here! Yay! so how did you like it. Was it good? I would love to be in the eighties, and go disco dancing with Afros and sparkly clothes. It would be really fun! Please vote and follow me. Although if there was a time machine I would go back to when England was posh and girls wore the heavy dresses and boys wore the suits. although i don't live in England now so it may be hard to go back their.

Q) If you got to go back in time where would you go?

-Sarah
xoxoxo