Chapter 1- New school. New life. New car. New house

Squinting my eyes a little, I look out at my window. The sun is rising and its rays are shining brightly through my olive green curtains. I move my hand to cover my face and breath in a sigh.

Today is the day I have been dreading for the 3 weeks since I moved to Panem. The first day of a new high school. I stare at my lime green alarm clock. It takes me a while to work out the time as my eyes keep closeing from morning grogginess.

I roll off of my plush bed and onto the soft, fluffy carpet. I crawl to my bathroom and undress out of my spotty pj pants and singlet. I step into the huge warm steaming shower.

Here's the perfect time to explain my self.. My name is Katniss Everdeen, I am 16. My dad died in a car crash when I was 11. My Mum remaired earlier in the year to a really rich man called Plutarch Heavensbee. We moved from Kuntucky these holidays.

Prim, my mother and I now live with Plutarch in A huge rich house in Panem. I have a massive bedroom with my own connected bathroom that's half the size.

*

I step out of my hot shower, dry off and walk into my huge walk in wardrobe. I stand for a while deciding what clothes i should wear, as I want to look good for my first day of school.

In the end I choose a white sweater with tiny black spots and a black skater skirt.

I chuck on some black high heels and apply my normal makeup - mascara, line eyeliner, lip gloss and foundation. I slightly curl my dark brown (not black) hair and leave it out, adding hair spray.

I grab my bag and quickly pack my MacBook Air and pencil case.
I run down the floorboard stairs only to be crashed into by my adorable little sister.

"Prim!" I whine as she clings to me

"hello Katniss!"she says pulling me toward the kitchen "Me and Mum made pancakes"

"Mum and I, Prim. Jeez you're 12 now" I joke picking out the biggest pancake I can find.

"Almost 13!"

I laugh and kiss her head "I have to go. Ill be late. Love you, tell Mum I said bye"

"Okay, see you. I guess I should get ready for when Gale and Rory come to pick me up" Prim says and disappears up the stairs.

I smile. Rory Hawthorne is Prim's new best friend. They met at the park 3 days ago and now they are biffles. Hale is Rory's older brother who is my age and offered to give Prim a ride as he was already going to the middle school anyway.

I'm just about to exit through the door what someone taps on my shoulder

"You weren't going to say goodbye?" Plutarch, my step father jokes

I smirk "nope"

With that I ruffle his gray hair and quickly go out side. I get into my new red ute and drive towards my new school.

🐳🐳🐳🐳🐳🐳🐳🐳🐳🐳🐳🐳

Hey guys, I welcome you to my fanfic! I hope you like reading this book and are there with me for the whole journey. My name is Sarah if you didn't already know and I'm only a beginner writer so point out any mistakes that I can fix or help me to improve something.

It's nice to meet you and I look forward to reading all your comments. Be sure to follow me and vote and comment for this chapter :)

-Sarah
xoxox