Chapter Thirty

My forehead creased. That's it?

She called me and woke me from my sleep because her cousin's back?

"So?" I asked, utterly confused.

"Gaia wants Xavi, remember?"

I laughed a little. "It's been three years, Alana. She probably likes someone else by now."

"Lavie ko, have you met us De la Fuente's? We don't stop until we getwhat we want and we always get what we want."

"I'm not worried. I trust Xavi. He loves me." mahinahon kong sagot. 

Her words are not affecting me at all. Walang puwang ang takot sa dibdib ko. There's no reason for me to be. 

"We love the chase," she retorted.

"Alana..." I heavily grunted. I'm too sleepy to argue. I just want to sleep!

"Fine," she huffed. "Don't say I didn't warn you. Tss. Bye!"

Pagkapatay ni Alana ng tawag ay itinago ko na ang phone at agad na bumalik sa pagkakatulog.

Xavi didn't pick me up this morning. May basketball training kasi ito. I don't like driving, kaya nagpahatid na lang ako sa driver namin.

Xavi:
Dito na po.

Five minutes ago pa ang text na 'yon ni Xavi. It was almost our dismissal but our professor was still discussing something in front. She normally ends the class ten minutes before dismissal time, pero masasagad ito ngayon.

"I'll cut the lecture here. See you next meeting," Ms. Madeja announced.

Gumawa ng ingay ang sabay-sabay na pagtayo ng buong klase. Some bid their goodbyes to our professor, ang iba ay nagmamadali sa pag-alis. I quickly picked up my small backpack and exited the room.

A smile curved automatically found its way to my lips upon seeing Xavi on the opposite side of the door. I was about to call for his name when my eyes found the person standing beside him.

A beautiful girl with soft and angelic features. Gaia De la Fuente bloomed into an even more gorgeous lady after three years. Her baby face matured a little while her body matured a lot. Wearing fitted skin tone colored cropped shirt and high waist ripped jeans, an inch of her midriff was exposed.

For someone who's nineteen,her body figure wasn't a joke. Her breasts were the perfect size and her hips showed an obvious curve. Her aura shouts her confidence. She's beautiful and she knows it.

She was smiling sweetly as she vigorously talked to Xavi. I looked at her eyes... and there. It's like my body temperature dropped. Alana's right, after all. Gaia still wants him.

Inilipat ko ang mga mata kay Xavi. Seryoso ang mukha niya. There's no hint of smile in his eyes. His reaction was enough to melt the icy feeling building up inside me.

It didn't take long for him to look at my way. Our eyes immediately met, as if he knew where to find me. His eyes turned sleepy. Parang nang-aamo. His lips slightly protruded as he intently watched my expression. I know he's trying to see if I'm jealous and pissed.

I smiled to let him know that we're okay. It's like my mood directly affects his. Nawala ang panlalambing sa mukha niya at nagpakita ng isang ngisi. He took a step towards me. That caught Gaia's attention.

Her eyes brightened upon seeing me. Her sweet smile turned into a big green. She looked extremely delighted to see me.

"Ate Lavie!" she chirped and ran to my way.

My eyes widened a bit when she wrapped her arms around me for a tight embrace. Hindi ko alam kung ano ang dapat gawin. My brain says the right response is to hug her back and be just as enthusiastic. I feel awkward as I tried to return the hug.