Chapter Twenty-Nine

I hate Broccoli. It's like a tiny cabbage that failed to grow. Hindi ako nasasarapan.

I stabbed it with my fork and looked at Xavi who was sitting beside me. He immediately sensed that my eyes were on him and turned his head to my direction.

I pouted and lifted the fork. Walang angal na yumuko siya para isubo ang gulay. I appreciatively smiled at him with squinted eyes.

Alana let out a throwing up sound. "Can you guys hide it better?"

My smile faltered. I grimaced. "Sorry."

"Anyway." She rolled her eyes and turned to Xavi. "What's your plan, birthday boy?"

Ipinagpatuloy ko ang pagkain at nakaabang sa isasagot ni Xavi. Birthday niya na sa Saturday. Thirteenth day of September.

Second week pa lang ng August ay nag-iisip na ako ng maire-regalo sa kanya. Sa bawat taon kasi ay humihirap makahanap ng magandang regalo. Our first year together, I gave him Air Jordan 12 OVO. Last year, I gave him a watch.

This year, I thought of giving him something sentimental. Excited na akong ibigay iyon sa kanya.

"Family dinner then club with inner circle of friends," Xavi casually said.

Nalukot ang mukha ni Alana. "Wala man lang akong invite?"

"That's your invite." Xavi chuckled. "Invite Judas, too."

"No need to invite him. That demon will invite himself," Alana snorted and drank from her fruit shake.

"Am I invited?" I asked.

"Lavie ko, if Xavi can have it his way he'll probably only invite you." Alana shook his head.

Napatawa ako. Tiningnan ko ang reaksyon ni Xavi. Proud pa itong nakangisi at mukhang walang balak itanggi ang akusasyon sa kanya.

Xavi noticed the looks I'm giving him. His eyebrows raised in defense. "What? It's true."

Umiling na lang ako at sumubo ng kanin para itago ang ngiti.

This is the last semester that we'll be together. Next semester kasi ay simula na ang internship kaya hindi na kami magkakasama na kasing dalas katulad ngayon.

Alana is only with us twice a week during vacant period. Hindi magkasabay ang schedule namin every Monday and Thursday. Xavi fortunately managed to fix his schedule according to mine. Tuwing vacant ko ay vacant niya rin. Nakakasama namin si Valen at minsan ay si Ryd din tuwing Monday at Thursday.

Saturday came. I managed to convince Xavi to the club with his friends. It was quarter to eleven when Alana picked me up. Cove was on full swing when we reached the place.

Alana lead the way like she knew the place like it was the back of her hand. Hawak ko ang isang kamay niya habang ang isa naman ay nakahawak lang sa sling bag na nakasabit sa aking balikat.

Nilampasan namin ang pool area. She headed straight to the VIP area. It looked like a grand pavilion and a theater stage because of its huge red theatrical curtains.

Faux palm trees were scattered to give the beach vibe. I look like I'm in a club by the beach minus the sand. Lalo na at halos lahat ng nakakasalubong ko ay naka-swimwear. Girls are wearing skimpy and trendy bikinis while the boys are sporting board shorts.

It was like being transported to a new club when we reached the 'nightclub' of the place. Just like a normal night club, nasa harap ang pwesto ng DJ. The dance floor was the focal point of the club. Ang mga couches ay nagkalat sa paligid, making an octave layout. In here, everyone's wearing the usual club attires.