Chappie 15: Guilt and Confrontations

Elena

There are only a few things that I regret- Moving out with my bro, getting obsessed with braiding my hair in different styles in high school,  Cheating on Ash and lastly quitting college. Those are the things I've done and felt wrong about later. Then Edward came into my life and I felt like everything would be okay with him.

But now sitting in Nathan's car on my way back I felt cheated and a cheater both. Cheated by Edward and cheating on him with Luke. Life has such mysterious ways.

I groan and shift in my seat. I wouldn't cry. I would be strong. Nathan gives me a look over but remained quiet which I was thankful for. I didn't know what answer I would give him.

My mind was racing with thoughts. Thoughts about Edward,  thoughts about our night together, thoughts about him abandoning me, and finally, thoughts about Luke.

And the kiss..

The kiss was unexpected and shockingly soft and pleasant.  It was as if he wanted to convey me his feelings. In his arms I melted and relaxed from my inner turmoil and I did something that I added to my regret list... I kissed him back.

I hit my head repeatedly on the car window.

"Whoa! I know you're going through something,  but please refrain from breaking my window, El"  Nate coaxed and I fell back in my seat.

Another 10 minutes pass before Nate stopped the car abruptly and turned in his seat. I gave him a questioning look and he held my hand in return.

"Get it out now or else you'll be a wreck at John's wedding weekend"  he spoke softly.

My eyes widened at the realisation that today is Wednesday and the wedding was on coming Sunday. I missed on many things and had loads to work on. John would probably be mad at me and not talk for few days, and Jess would be shooting  me on the first sight. I gulp in fear of those two wierdos. A match made in heaven.

"Crap" I mutter and Nathan laughs.

"Thats all? I thought you'd be pouring you heart out" he smiles.

"I don't wanna talk about it Nate" I shrug and turn  towards the window.

"Thats exactly why you should be talking about it to someone" Nathan says and starts the engine again. We were nearing our house when he turned the car in the opposite direction. 

"Where are we going?" I ask him incredulously.

He smiles and shrugs it off. After a few turns I understood where he was taking me and I relaxed. My brother had some brains afterall. He stopped outside Olivia's house and gives me a big smile.

"Now go ahead and spill it out to your girl but make sure you are alright" he says pushing me towards the gate. I turned to hug him and he hugged me back.

"Thanx" I say slowly breaking our embrace.

"Wait I forgot to give you your medicine" he says with an evil glint in his eyes and I am literally scared. I was not under any medication afterall so what's this medicine he's talking about.

Nathan hands me over a paper bag and I take it suspiciously.

"Go ahead, see what I got for you" his smirk widens.

Slowly I open the packet and my eyes are glued to the bottle of Jack Daniels scotch.

A small gasp leaves my lips as I realise how awesome my own brother is. I throw my arms around his neck and kiss him on the cheeks.

"You're the best brother ever" I exclaim overexcited and he laughed.

"Please, I'm better as a jerk" he says and brushes my hair.